Magical Marshall Moments...

• Thread starter DBi5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DBi5

Reaction score
No,it's not a new box of Milton Keynes' chocolates available in the merchandise catalogue - It's a thread for people to put up videos or tell us a good story of a live show they went to and the guitar sound blew 'em away.

The only rule of course is that they were playing thru a Marshall.

It would be nice to have a few Bass Players in this too...

Mine is Michael Schenker with UFO playing "Out in the Street".

Jump to 2:30 for the solo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xst-FFQ9sMQ[/ame]

MICHAEL SCHENKER HIMSELF - The Official Site

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Any night playing a well tuned Marshall gets you a little closer to Heaven !! LOL !!

I'v had a few nights were the tone coming from my cab was 3 kinds of killer ! , Back in the mid 90's we played alot of covers to keep things afloat , armed with a trusty Jcm 800 and a big P.A. we were afforded the pleasure of turning the amps up for a change !!!
It was a hot , humid summer night and the planets aligned to give me some tone that was so good you did not wanna stop playing !! for real !! and Tuned to E flat it made the chords sound just huge !! , you could smell the wood from the cabs ...love it !!
Its nights like these you understand truly why you own a Marshall !!!!

When people who know nothing about sound come up to you and say its sounded great and the sound guy says the same , you know you have had a good night !!!

HiTines

Reaction score
Well I never got to see him live but Jeff healey's sound always blew me away.

riffdrive

Reaction score
Tuned to E flat it made the chords sound just huge !! , you could smell the wood from the cabs ...love it !!

I never understood why the ladies buy perfume that smells like flowers and crap. They should come up with a perfume that smells like hot tubes and a musty old 4x12 cab. That'd be heaven in a bottle.

rjohns1

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin - "Since I been loving you" from Madison Square garden, 1973. It is on the newer DVD,also I believe from it is from "The Song Remains the Same" also. I get goosebumps when I hear that tone. That Marshall and Les Paul is just magical. Pure tone.

rjohns1

Reaction score
Here it is : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiyGgWt6no[/ame]

Ken

Reaction score
Mine was the first time I played my DSL. I was using a JCM 900 duel reverb which was okay but nothing special IMO, and the first time I cranked the DSL at reheasal I was astounded! The warmth was unbeliveable. I felt like a real rock star! LOL

Ken

NateCordova

Reaction score
I never understood why the ladies buy perfume that smells like flowers and crap. They should come up with a perfume that smells like hot tubes and a musty old 4x12 cab. That'd be heaven in a bottle.

haha good point! xD

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
I have been to many many shows. Big and small. Some I was the performer and others I was the spectator. The one thing that is constant was my rampant alcohol and drug abuse. My memories of the shows just dont exist. I am glad I have the ticket stubs to prove to myself I was there. The best moment is every time I turn one of my Marshalls on. When I picked up guitar 6 yrs ago (at age 35) I wanted nothing to do with Marshall. I am not sure why. I bought a Mesa half stack. It wasnt until I got a DSL100 that things changed. I am glad they changed. My 6100's just sing!

Latest posts