• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 1958x One Speaker Jack?

• Thread starter KeithColiseum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KeithColiseum

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2014 Marshall 1958x. I noticed there is only one speaker jack. There is a hole in the chassis for the second, but no jack. Not sure it is needed, bc you would either plug in the two internal speakers, or an extension cab. Just wondering if this is right?

myersbw

Reaction score
Well, regardless of the cab, the second jack makes it really convenient when patching to a 2nd cab such as a stack. So long as your impedances jive with whatever cabinet combination you use, all is good. But that's typically why a second jack. In my recent project, I used a second jack with the first jack incorporating a switch so the cab could be used in mono or stereo mode. I did this config as I have a Mesa 2:90 stereo power amp and needed a load on each channel.

Yugedrums

Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard to replace the missing one, the switches are cheap and it pretty much just piggy-backs off of the other one.

KeithColiseum

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Actually the nut had come unscrewed and it was still loose in the cab. Got it tightened back up and both speaker outs are working perfectly. Thanks again.

Latest posts