Marshall 1960 speaker buzzins and farting

• Thread starter bobbyvasco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
becaus

because something that is buzzing moved during transport? Or he did not blast if full like I have? I don't know other reasons....i am sure electricity is not the reason lol and please stop playing games....we are not sitting at the bingo place...just say it
How are you sure electricity is not the problem? Please explain. dirty power/ computer switching/florescent lighting/ cell phone interference is most definitely a possibility in a neighborhood or flat type setting.

You said before you don't blast it full when I mentioned it in the past, Now you just said you do blast it full. Hmmm.

V-man

Reaction score
I had a HORRIBLE buzz with my amp.became so concerned by the “buzz on top of buzz” I took it to the tech. Nothing, not a ripple there. Came home. BUZZ!

It wasn’t the amp.it was the environment. Surge protectors do not do SHIT. Hum cancellers and other $100 mail order gadgets do not do SHIT. It is electrical.

You said enough that this is the only thing that makes sense or alternately, what makes the MOST sense. And with that here come the barrage of skeptical-bordering-on-inane questions to dispel this… from the guy who has problems with every piece of electrical gear he touches and should (as mentioned elsewhere) discover the joys of acoustic drums

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know other reasons....i am sure electricity is not the reason lol and please stop playing games....we are not sitting at the bingo place...just say it
I did say it.
Others have confirmed it.
You're just sure that the problem is not the problem, so you will never find the solution.
We've opened the door Bob, you need to step through the doorway and follow the advice you've been given.

And, please give me a semi-cleverly indignant nickname too.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
How are you sure electricity is not the problem? Please explain. dirty power/ computer switching/florescent lighting/ cell phone interference is most definitely a possibility in a neighborhood or flat type setting.

You said before you don't blast it full when I mentioned it in the past, Now you just said you do blast it full. Hmmm.
i mean volume is at 30 %, but it is almost same as 100 %, because there is not a lot of volume gain after 30 %..... so basically it is very loud all the time

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
I did say it.
Others have confirmed it.
You're just sure that the problem is not the problem, so you will never find the solution.
We've opened the door Bob, you need to step through the doorway and follow the advice you've been given.

And, please give me a semi-cleverly indignant nickname too.
so explain me this...why did the speaker not buzz for 1 year when I bought it? I replaced the old speaker 1960 vintage from 80s and it was buzzing too.....
so why it stopped with new speaker for 1 year? that is not logical, honestly only guitar amps are breaking down, other electric appliances work for years....

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
so explain me this...why did the speaker not buzz for 1 year when I bought it? I replaced the old speaker 1960 vintage from 80s and it was buzzing too.....
so why it stopped with new speaker for 1 year? that is not logical, honestly only guitar amps are breaking down, other electric appliances work for years....
Honestly Bob, I don't think there is an explanation of any of your "amp" issues that you are not going to just argue with, instead of trying to follow through with the advice you are given.

The other electrical appliances you have are not designed to amplify the electrical signals that pass through them - they are perfectly happy with dirty, noisy power from the wall.
Consider for a moment that your electrical service may not always be bad.
Power inconsistency could explain why sometimes you have noise issues, and sometimes you don't.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Honestly Bob, I don't think there is an explanation of any of your "amp" issues that you are not going to just argue with, instead of trying to follow through with the advice you are given.

The other electrical appliances you have are not designed to amplify the electrical signals that pass through them - they are perfectly happy with dirty, noisy power from the wall.
Consider for a moment that your electrical service may not always be bad.
Power inconsistency could explain why sometimes you have noise issues, and sometimes you don't.
i am gonna buy new 1960 cab identical from thomann and then refund it....so it should buzz too per theory? should we do this experiment?

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't argue with logic like p #46.

Don't fix it then. We don't care. Every suggestion you just shoot down.

If you know all about how many numerous things that it isn't, as you apparently do, finding the one thing it "is" should be easy for you.

It's just amazing how you shoot down every f'n suggestion that's presented to you. I've never seen anything like it..are you actually serious?..because reading some of your responses I feel "fucked with" at times..lol..is it just me?

This shit isn't new to most of us. We aren't guessing. There's only so many things it could be.

I myself have been through this stuff many times in my 40+ years using amps cabs, guitars and PA equipment.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Can't argue with logic like p #46.

Don't fix it then. We don't care. Every suggestion you just shoot down.

If you know all about how many numerous things that it isn't, as you apparently do, finding the one thing it "is" should be easy for you.

It's just amazing how you shoot down every f'n suggestion that's presented to you. I've never seen anything like it..are you actually serious?..because reading some of your responses I feel "fucked with" at times..lol..is it just me?

This shit isn't new to most of us. We aren't guessing. There's only so many things it could be.

I myself have been through this stuff many times in my 40+ years using amps cabs, guitars and PA equipment.
i think you are avoiding my question here....i said I will buy identical cab that I have and if it buzzes too same way, then it is electricity, but if it does not what then? maybe I will buy a new house just to try out this electricity theory

V-man

Reaction score

This is an internet forum showcasing discussion (how-comes, whys, and how-tos). We have an interest in learning along the way of troubleshooting and preventing.

That said, I am reminded of the time you were given a diagnostic suggestion to pull two tubes and see if that addressed the amp problem. Out came your “yeah but then why/when/whats“ barrage. My response was a slightly more polite “STFU and do it or GTFO“ because I was not about to entertain the bullshit. Lo and behold, you did STFU and do it and unfortunately that diagnostic was not the one to isolate that specific problem.

Point being, We ALL want a solution to address our technical issues, and most of us would like to learn what’s going on that causes this or that. But some people are incapable of both walking and chewing bubblegum (discussing and implementing suggestions). You are one such person.

Maybe it could be one of a half-dozen things with two of those being the very likely culprit. The best thing can be done for your sake (and for ours) is for us to bring up the possible issues and conclusions and when you start the bullshit (which you will because you cannot help yourself) tell you in so many words to STFU and try it or GTFO if you‘d rather not.

Nothing personal, but explanations and handholding has not helped you in the least. There is something within you that (despite not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground on the subject) you simply have to argue with any/everything as a defense mechanism for your lack of understanding. Entertaining your questions (arguments) is neither productive for you nor the forum.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think you are avoiding my question here....i said I will buy identical cab that I have and if it buzzes too same way, then it is electricity, but if it does not what then? maybe I will buy a new house just to try out this electricity theory
I think you have avoided damn near everything anyone has ever suggested to you.

I didn't avoid your question as it wasn't really a question it was practically incoherent rambling that makes no pratical sense, as the same cab did not, by your own admission buzz when it was played away from your residence, so your default control / new cab test is meaningless.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Well this thread just ended.

I think you have avoided damn near everything anyone has ever suggested to you.

I didn't avoid your question as it wasn't really a question it was practically incoherent rambling that makes no pratical sense, as the same cab did not, by your own admission buzz when it was played away from your residence, so your default control / new cab test is meaningless.
i think you are not grasping the reality.....you avoid the easiest test to get a new cab that will not buzz and this is a proof the electricity is not a problem.....you want me to buy a tech of gear that will fix the electricity if so....i will for sure loose few hundred bucks same as with frequency generator which is obsolete if you have a looper..... so I don't get it....seems many guys here are stubborn and not practical.... would t hifi speaker buzz too? it is in same room now for 10 years and no buzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.