• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 30th Anniversary Series thread (6100 / 6101)

• Thread starter Tonton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjohns1

Reaction score
Yeah, that was me. I tinkered with mine, and started a thread, and it just exploded. I do miss that amp. should have kept it.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
I still have my modified '05 DSL100. Then about a year or more ago I picked up a damaged '98 DSL100. I repaired that '98 and was blown away how good it was tonally all stock. Big difference from my '05 when it was stock.

My modified one I really need to dig out and run it up against the 6100 and a few project amps I have going. The modded DSL is able to footswitch between Clean Crunch and I have a relay kit to allow foot control of Lead 1 & 2. But I did not install the latter as I still might use it for the stock DSL. The stock DSL has a very sweet Red channel for some reason where most DSL's shine on the Green side. Being able to footswitch between Lead 1 & 2 would be very sweet on that amp.

Hamer95USA

Reaction score
Hey people,

Does anyone know where I can find amp feet for the Marshall 6101 combo amp? I have the blue 6101 combo stack like Jethro Rocker. :) The amp feet on my combo amp are road worn and I'd like to install a new set of amp feet.

Guitar George

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Hey people,

Does anyone know where I can find amp feet for the Marshall 6101 combo amp? I have the blue 6101 combo stack like Jethro Rocker. :) The amp feet on my combo amp are road worn and I'd like to install a new set of amp feet.

Guitar George

Direct from Marshall might be your best bet , other than that i can't be much help , sorry !!

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
They say a picture is worth a thousand words ...

hot-tubes-70-albums-amps-picture5945-img-0072c.jpg

To me this says it all !

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Hey people,

Guitar George
I wonder if a generic hardware store might have something similar? I put casters on mine, it's a heavy bugger!!

Nik73

Reaction score
I picked up a 1958 reissue Les Paul today and just tried it with the 6100LM................... That's it. No more searching, no more guitars and no more amps. I don't need anything else.

Good job really as I won't be able to afford it! ;)

Hamer95USA

Reaction score
I wonder if a generic hardware store might have something similar? I put casters on mine, it's a heavy bugger!!

I don't think so. I used to be able to buy the Marshall amp feet from Parts Is Parts, but they no longer carry that part:

Vox Amplifier Feet | Parts Is Parts - Guitar Parts, Amplifier Parts, Korg Keyboard Parts

I've tried looked around on the Internet and had a hard time locating an original Marshall amp foot for my 6101 combo amp. The dimensions of the amp foot is 1 1/8" (diameter) x 5/8" (height) or 28.58mm x 15.88mm. None of the generic amp feet would be the proper fit except for the amp feet made for Vox amps, but those are still too tall and would have to be cut to lower the height to 5/8".

I contacted Kevin Drury from Marshall Amps. The Marshall part number is:

M-FEET-00005

He directed me to the Antique Electronics Supply website:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/

They can special order the Marshall amp feet for you with a 50% deposit and was told to expect my shipment within 4 to 6 weeks from Marshall. The Antique Electronics Supply part number is: P-MM FEET 00005

Guitar George

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I picked up a 1958 reissue Les Paul today and just tried it with the 6100LM................... That's it. No more searching, no more guitars and no more amps. I don't need anything else.

Good job really as I won't be able to afford it! ;)

NIK73 I know how you feel !!!

It's a great feeling to finally have that sound you have been chasing etc etc , and for me the 6100 was the amp that did it for me . :yesway::D:hbang:

Plasticos

Reaction score
Anyone willing to trade their 6100 for my JVM210 head? Mint, foot switch, box, extra tubes, yada yada yada. I'm willing to add/substract cash from the deal depending on what you have. I'm in Atlanta. Thanks.

JVM210 - 1.jpg

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I don't think so. I used to be able to buy the Marshall amp feet from Parts Is Parts, but they no longer carry that part:

Vox Amplifier Feet | Parts Is Parts - Guitar Parts, Amplifier Parts, Korg Keyboard Parts

I've tried looked around on the Internet and had a hard time locating an original Marshall amp foot for my 6101 combo amp. The dimensions of the amp foot is 1 1/8" (diameter) x 5/8" (height) or 28.58mm x 15.88mm. None of the generic amp feet would be the proper fit except for the amp feet made for Vox amps, but those are still too tall and would have to be cut to lower the height to 5/8".

I contacted Kevin Drury from Marshall Amps. The Marshall part number is:

M-FEET-00005

He directed me to the Antique Electronics Supply website:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/

They can special order the Marshall amp feet for you with a 50% deposit and was told to expect my shipment within 4 to 6 weeks from Marshall. The Antique Electronics Supply part number is: P-MM FEET 00005

Guitar George

Good to know, thanks! Wasn't sure if a slightly longer or shorter foot would suffice. Put casters on!

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Anyone willing to trade their 6100 for my JVM210 head? Mint, foot switch, box, extra tubes, yada yada yada. I'm willing to add/substract cash from the deal depending on what you have. I'm in Atlanta. Thanks.

View attachment 21630

Welcome to the Forum !!

May i ask what has prompted you to want to trade your JVM for one of our humble 6100's ?? :scratch:

Plasticos

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum !!

May i ask what has prompted you to want to trade your JVM for one of our humble 6100's ?? :scratch:

Thank you. Aside from the killer tone and versatility this amp has, the power damping functions really appeal to me. My JVM is a great amp - very versatile, too - but I gotta really crank it to get the tone I want out of it. Tried out the 205 and had the same problem. Seems like the 6100 gets great tone at reasonable decibels without having to use a hot plate.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Aside from the killer tone and versatility this amp has, the power damping functions really appeal to me. My JVM is a great amp - very versatile, too - but I gotta really crank it to get the tone I want out of it. Tried out the 205 and had the same problem. Seems like the 6100 gets great tone at reasonable decibels without having to use a hot plate.

Have you auditioned a 6100? Or are you just trusting all of us biased 6100/6101 braggers?

:D

Plasticos

Reaction score
Have you auditioned a 6100? Or are you just trusting all of us biased 6100/6101 braggers?

:D

I played a 6L6/5881 version a few years ago and it really made an impression on me. I remember I got a great tone and I was in the middle of a music store, so I wasn't allowed to have it turned up. I think the amp was set to 25 watts and the low voltage compensation was turned on. But, yes, I've definitely been sipping from the 6100 forum kool-aid.

Plasticos

Reaction score
Also, does anyone have a opinion whether the lead mod is worth it? I have an opportunity to buy a 6100 with EL34s versus a 6100LM with a 6L6/5881 set-up. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
Also, does anyone have a opinion whether the lead mod is worth it? I have an opportunity to buy a 6100 with EL34s versus a 6100LM with a 6L6/5881 set-up. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.

No worries , I could talk 6100's all day long !!!

They are going to be pretty close tone wise , with the LM having more gain on the 3rd channel only . The EL34 versions have a bit more of that classic Marshall sound imo , the LM version has a killer clean channel , some say better than the EL34 versions , but over all they are both awesome amps !!

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score

EL34 6100 is a great amp !!
If you have a chance to buy it , I'd do it !!
You won't regret it for a moment ...

:yesway: