• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall 6100 / 6101 - push buttons

• Thread starter SputDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SputDog

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but see there are some great threads on here. Hope I can contribute.

I'm a proud and happy owner of a Marshall 6101 LE with matching blue combo (had since new) and it's the duck's nuts.

Recently I have had the effects loop series/parallel selector switch fail and my local amp tech here in Western Australia hasn't had much luck in sourcing a replacement. I contacted Marshall who advised they don't hold spares anymore but mentioned the component I'm looking for is a Push Latch 30V DPDT.

Does anyone know where these can be sourced that are suitable replacements?

Thanks

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but see there are some great threads on here. Hope I can contribute.

I'm a proud and happy owner of a Marshall 6101 LE with matching blue combo (had since new) and it's the duck's nuts.

Recently I have had the effects loop series/parallel selector switch fail and my local amp tech here in Western Australia hasn't had much luck in sourcing a replacement. I contacted Marshall who advised they don't hold spares anymore but mentioned the component I'm looking for is a Push Latch 30V DPDT.

Does anyone know where these can be sourced that are suitable replacements?

Thanks
:welcome: to the forum.
Fellow 6101/6912 owner - killer amp, no doubt.
Sorry, I have no clue about the part, but hang in there - there are some 6100 experts here.
My only thought would be for a temporary fix, pick one or the other and have your tech bypass the switch.
I don't use the parallel setting, so I'd be fine with having mine hardwired to series.

BlueX

Reaction score
Last edited:

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
A similar replacement should still be available. Haven't had the chassis out of my 6100 in a while, or I'd do some investigating.

SputDog

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.
Fellow 6101/6912 owner - killer amp, no doubt.
Sorry, I have no clue about the part, but hang in there - there are some 6100 experts here.
My only thought would be for a temporary fix, pick one or the other and have your tech bypass the switch.
I don't use the parallel setting, so I'd be fine with having mine hardwired to series.
Yep, that's what the tech did. I still want to source the part - there are a few of these switches on this amp so may happen again.
Thanks very much.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's what the tech did. I still want to source the part - there are a few of these switches on this amp so may happen again.
Thanks very much.
I figured Pete would know the correct part, and assumed he'd chime in when @FracStrat tagged him.
Looks like he hasn't posted in a while.
Try contacting him through his website.