Marshall Code " Patch " Sharing ( Longhand For Now )

• Thread starter mazzefr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TKB

Reaction score
I will try to register again once the CODE site is refurbished. I never did get an email last time I tried but will try again and post my preset. I have another preset based on the Dual Super Lead (DSL) that I use more than any other. I will post it when I get in. Thanks for the effort guys. Your work will not be in vain. Rock on...

John Russell

Reaction score
The editor will be released this coming week and after it is you will never need another tool for the CODE again.
I promise you that much. Last testing and documentation is being done as we speak.

Here is a screenshot of the editor as it will be published. As it will be compatible with Goce's website we will have an editor that will solve the Bluetooth issues.
As well as a Patch sharing service.
View attachment 37412

Thanks to everyone who helped to get here, I could not have done it alone.
James
That is just so Awesome James and all that helped. Super professional looking Editor. Marshall should be very thankful for all this hard work, helping to keep their Code product line so attractive to the guitar community. Very well done. Three Cheers! for James and all that helped!!

6isenough

Reaction score
take in mind, these patches were set using full range speakers as i recorded them using the line out
they probably need some additional tweaking when using the stock speakers from the code amplifiers, especially the presence and resonance settings
i also advise to just go crazy and change to a different amp, poweramp and/or cabinet, to discover more tones :)

yup, slash tone from a little box:
preFX: DIS, drive: 0.1, tone :10, level 6.5
amp: plexi, gate: 2.5, gain and EQ at taste
rev: stadium (i'll let you tweak the parameters at own wish)
power: classic 100W presence: 6 resonance: 6
cabinet: 1960V (of course)

brown sound:
preFX: DIS, drive: 0.1, tone :10, level 5.0
amp: plexi, gate: 2.5, gain and EQ at taste
rev: hall (i'll let you tweak the parameters at own wish)
power: british class A, presence: 8, resonance: 10
cabinet: 1960X

The SCOM settings did sound amazing as far as getting that elusive Slash sound. I loved the clarity of every string which I've been trying to dial in for a long time. I did have to make some adjustments due to the fact that I'm using the Code25 speaker. What do you mean by "full range speakers"? I get the line out function but out to what? A PC, console? Also what speakers are you using? Thanks...

oachs83

Reaction score
What am I doing wrong, I downloaded the editor and this is what I get

code error.JPG code x.JPG

James Clent

Reaction score
Cooper Black is a font from Microsoft that comes with Office 97, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
So I assumed it was freely available.

I will package it in the ZIP file and put instructions.
For those of you that just need it, here it is.
Double click the COOLBL.TTF and click install.

Attachments

• COOPBL.ZIP
    52.4 KB · Views: 27

James Clent

Reaction score
Page mod wiring???
Oops never saw this question. The Jimmy Page mod is for a Les Paul it has the 2 Volume knobs doubling as push/pull and drive single-coil sounds, while the treble tone control push/pull puts the 2 pickups out of phase and the neck push/pull is set to dead switch.

Hope that answers the question. (I will never solder that many connections again!!!)
James

James Clent

Reaction score
All working now James .....your the man :):rock:

Glad to hear it.

Please also read the ReadMe_1st.txt file in the ZIP. If you turn OFF the CODE before closing the editor, your windows DEVICE driver will lock-up and not come back until you reboot the PC.
Yes, I have tested every scenario.
James

Fern

Reaction score
Will this download work with mac users?
I haven't attempted downloading from the links yet but just wondering if it's for Windows only.
Much appreciated for all your hard work .

oachs83

Reaction score
Thank you, downloaded the font and she works now

Antmax

Reaction score
Will this download work with mac users?
I haven't attempted downloading from the links yet but just wondering if it's for Windows only.
Much appreciated for all your hard work .

People have gotten it to run on the Mac. But it's a windows executable. You probably need either bootcamp or some kind of windows emulator like wine for mac. Someone in another post said it works on linux with wine.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
The SCOM settings did sound amazing as far as getting that elusive Slash sound. I loved the clarity of every string which I've been trying to dial in for a long time. I did have to make some adjustments due to the fact that I'm using the Code25 speaker. What do you mean by "full range speakers"? I get the line out function but out to what? A PC, console? Also what speakers are you using? Thanks...
mainly my PC speakers, but any full range system like a full fledged PA will do

Plectrum

Reaction score
Someone in another post said it works on linux with wine.

Not any longer it doesn't. For some reason best known to James he's put a load of .NET poo in it. In theory wine can run the 32 bit .NET framework on a 64 bit machine but it's a lot of messing around and TBH I can't be bothered for the sake of saving 10 minutes to write down my handful of preset settings. Mac users will face the same challenge.

James Clent

Reaction score
I'm sorry it doesn't work with wine anymore.
Couldn't get the UI to come out right without .net.... :-(
Sorry gents,
James