Marshall Code " Patch " Sharing ( Longhand For Now )

• Thread starter mazzefr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zeg1

Reaction score
Didn't try, but on linux, I'd suggest to use mono instead of wine... simply install mono, then type in a console :
cd ~/CodeEditor (adjust to your install dir)
mono CodeEditor.exe

as for mac.. it has mono too.. might give it a try

James Clent

Reaction score
Didn't try, but on linux, I'd suggest to use mono instead of wine... simply install mono, then type in a console :
mono CodeEditor.exe

Thanks for the suggestion!

If someone could try and let us know that would be awesome.
James

6isenough

Reaction score
Oops never saw this question. The Jimmy Page mod is for a Les Paul it has the 2 Volume knobs doubling as push/pull and drive single-coil sounds, while the treble tone control push/pull puts the 2 pickups out of phase and the neck push/pull is set to dead switch.

Hope that answers the question. (I will never solder that many connections again!!!)
James

Ok, thanks. Heard of that set up just didn't know Page was credited with it. Good fact...

Plectrum

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion!

If someone could try and let us know that would be awesome.
James

I quickly installed mono and tried to run CodeEditorSetup.exe with

mono CodeEditorSetup.exe

I get

Cannot open assembly 'CodeEditorSetup.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.

Jam81

Reaction score
mono CodeEditor.exe

What do I need to do to make it run in a mac? I downloaded the zip file but could not open it.

Thanks.

James Clent

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't have a mac.
I know some people are trying to make it run on MAC & Linux.
James

Antmax

Reaction score
The only minor niggle I have had with the editor is trying to adjust the time knob on delay. It goes up to 4000 and the controls are really set up for two digit number 1 - 10. When you drag the 4 digit knob it flies through the numbers, you can usually select a number within 3 digits of what was intended, but sometimes when you let go of the mouse button it jumps 7 - 15 more.

Otherwise everything works fine. I haven't managed to use both editors simultaneously and the web editor doesn't seem to save to disk, only to the patch database. So unless I missed something, it's not easy to go from the web editor to the CODE editor without first saving your patch to the amp.

Having lots of fun and really like being able to get a good tone with volume as low as 0.1 (so I can still play while my wife is listening to podcasts, I hate using headphones)

John Russell

Reaction score
Scrolling with the mouse pointer up and down over the knobs gives a fine tune movement I found. This is very useful for the time parameter settings. Hope that helps.

James Clent

Reaction score
John is right, left right is for regular setting, while up down is for fine tuning. (it is just a preference, versus the other way around)

James Clent

Reaction score
Someone solved the MAC problem and it is working on the MAC.
See the Editor thread itself for the answer.
James

hcelizondo

Reaction score
By any chance any of you using the Zoom g3 or similar in front of the code? I'm trying to get good distortion but I have not nailed it. couple of nice cleans with the Fender and JVM simulation,so I'm thinking into using just the natural pre amp and handle all of the sound coloring from the G3. Any tips?

TKB

Reaction score
By any chance any of you using the Zoom g3 or similar in front of the code? I'm trying to get good distortion but I have not nailed it. couple of nice cleans with the Fender and JVM simulation,so I'm thinking into using just the natural pre amp and handle all of the sound coloring from the G3. Any tips?
I heard someone mention that they used a U.S. Dream pedal and it was great for boosting leads. I have one and a Code 50 but haven't tried it yet. The U.S. Dream was supposed to emulated a Mesa sound. I am really not an "insert distortion into my distortion" kind of guy. I am waiting for someone to hack the channel switching pedal so I can make a cheap channel switcher, copy my rhythm channel over to an adjacent channel, then boost the 2nd one for leads. Good luck to you.

Antmax

Reaction score
I heard someone mention that they used a U.S. Dream pedal and it was great for boosting leads. I have one and a Code 50 but haven't tried it yet. The U.S. Dream was supposed to emulated a Mesa sound. I am really not an "insert distortion into my distortion" kind of guy. I am waiting for someone to hack the channel switching pedal so I can make a cheap channel switcher, copy my rhythm channel over to an adjacent channel, then boost the 2nd one for leads. Good luck to you.

In time we might be able to set up physical midi pedals to send presets to the code via one of these tools. Not possible right now. But possible. There are plenty of USB midi pedals out there and more and more bluetooth ones since the software modelers started getting popular. So long as the code will switch presets quickly enough you could assign a different preset to each switch and off you go.

Reactions: TKB

pak668

Reaction score
In time we might be able to set up physical midi pedals to send presets to the code via one of these tools. Not possible right now. But possible. There are plenty of USB midi pedals out there and more and more bluetooth ones since the software modelers started getting popular. So long as the code will switch presets quickly enough you could assign a different preset to each switch and off you go.
Or couldn't you could just do it the easy way - get a CODE footswitch & set it up to do the same thing?

TKB

Reaction score
Since we are on the footswitch subject....can anyone tell me if the actual Marshall Code footswitch changes patches fast or would it be tough to go immediately to a lead break and back again without much of a transition?

Plectrum

Reaction score
Since we are on the footswitch subject....can anyone tell me if the actual Marshall Code footswitch changes patches fast or would it be tough to go immediately to a lead break and back again without much of a transition?

Seems fast enough to me.