Marshall Code " Patch " Sharing ( Longhand For Now )

• Thread starter mazzefr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TKB

Reaction score
These are the settings I used for the RATT preset:

ReFX - Distortion, (mode) GUV (drive) 6.0 (tone) 4.0 (level) 5.0
AMP - JCM800, (gate) 5.0
MOD - (off)
DEL - Vintage, (time) 350 (feedback) 4.0 (freq) 3.4 (level) 5.5
REV - Room, (decay) 4.0 (pre) 6.6 (tone) 2.7 (level) 3.7
PWR - Classic Marshall 100 watt, (pres) 5.4 (res) 3.6
CAB - 1960V
gain - 7.0, bass - 5.5, mid - 5.1, treble - 8.0 and volume - 3.6

Sorry but I don't have a phone to display this the way everyone else is. Rock on...

TKB

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Dave. I agree with you. I originally designed this for a guitar with more treble output. I have found in the past that even humidity in a room will affect how an amp sounds from one day to the next. Ever wonder why you have a killer preset and the next week you don't think it's that good? I bet a lot of good amps have been sold because humidity will cause speaker density to increase and even the air will absorb some of the upper frequencies so musicians think something happened to the amp. A good studio will keep a de-humidifier (or humidifier) going to keep the humidity constant to compensate for this. This is why I like the Code 50. The EQ (bass,mid,treble) are very distinct and with a few tweaks it can be dialed in to your taste. By the way, I am a working Bass Player so I tend to lean more towards the bass side of the spectrum. I have a George Lynch Signature guitar that sounds radically different with this preset. I have a friend who owns a studio and he hates processing on anything (delay, mod, ect) but I have seen him fooled thinking a solid state track was done with a tube amp. Go figure.....Sorry for the long post. I am glad you brought this up. It gave me a good reason to throw in my 2 cents worth.

David Elliott

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Dave. I agree with you. I originally designed this for a guitar with more treble output. I have found in the past that even humidity in a room will affect how an amp sounds from one day to the next. Ever wonder why you have a killer preset and the next week you don't think it's that good? I bet a lot of good amps have been sold because humidity will cause speaker density to increase and even the air will absorb some of the upper frequencies so musicians think something happened to the amp. A good studio will keep a de-humidifier (or humidifier) going to keep the humidity constant to compensate for this. This is why I like the Code 50. The EQ (bass,mid,treble) are very distinct and with a few tweaks it can be dialed in to your taste. By the way, I am a working Bass Player so I tend to lean more towards the bass side of the spectrum. I have a George Lynch Signature guitar that sounds radically different with this preset. I have a friend who owns a studio and he hates processing on anything (delay, mod, ect) but I have seen him fooled thinking a solid state track was done with a tube amp. Go figure.....Sorry for the long post. I am glad you brought this up. It gave me a good reason to throw in my 2 cents worth.
Wow, that's actually something I never thought about!

David Elliott

Reaction score
Actually TKB, I just used your settings and it didn't sound too bass heavy at all. The recording did, but not when I used it with my guitar (PRS SE Custom 24 FR with Duncan JB/59). I am super novice when it comes to tweaking gear sounds, but I really like your settings. I am saving it. Keep it coming man! Now, if you can come up with a really good Black Sabbath tone, that would be a major win!

Reactions: TKB

Fern

Reaction score
Really digging the whole patch sharing idea that still in beta mode but very cool. For a beginner like it does save me a lot of research. Not much can be found online elsewhere. I've been watching "rig rundowns" but doesn't cover much as far as tone settings. I like alot of stuff from blues to metal. Super obsessed in getting Gary Moore tones "Still Got The Blues" and that Volbeat driving crunch.
Playing around with the presets until I find something close to it or someone posts it but yeah....super cool Marshall Code Patch idea!!!

Reactions: TKB

Plectrum

Reaction score
Super obsessed in getting Gary Moore tones "Still Got The Blues" and that Volbeat driving crunch.

This Youtube video may help you. Please pay attention to what he says about mids!

I suggest you use the plexi model and the overdrive pre-fx plus reverb and delay to taste.

Fern

Reaction score
This Youtube video may help you. Please pay attention to what he says about mids!

I suggest you use the plexi model and the overdrive pre-fx plus reverb and delay to taste.

Thanks Plectrum,

Will do...:)

Fern

Reaction score
Well...I've read it on The Gateway App reviews and didn't believe it but it happen to me last night. As I was creating my own tone and saved it on the app, today as I opened the app I have 00EL34 Heaven and every single one from 01 to 99 is named after the one patch I created. I had to delete and re-install the app and start from scratch again. Hopefully Marshall will have a fix for this in the new future.

mazzefr

Reaction score
Save to the amp. Then you only deal with syncing the presets but it won't do that goofy bit with repeated settings.

Goce

Reaction score
Well...I've read it on The Gateway App reviews and didn't believe it but it happen to me last night. As I was creating my own tone and saved it on the app, today as I opened the app I have 00EL34 Heaven and every single one from 01 to 99 is named after the one patch I created. I had to delete and re-install the app and start from scratch again. Hopefully Marshall will have a fix for this in the new future.
Same thing happens to me every few days and this is happening for months. The first time I lost all my custom settings for over 30 patches. A colleague of mine pinpointed the problem (at least for Android) in the APK and he contacted Marshall with the fix almost 2 months ago. He got the usual we will forward this to the developers bla bla... and still nothing.

BTW if you have the time check this, at least for the moment it is the most reliable solution for storing patches

Antmax

Reaction score
At least with the new patch sharing tools we can back them up and upload them to the amp if they get corrupted. I stopped saving to the phone ages ago and use gateway as little as possible. I'm really looking forward to the release of the midi tool by James Clent. From what I have seen it should be awesome.

Very professional looking video Goce :)

AJU

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me every few days and this is happening for months. The first time I lost all my custom settings for over 30 patches. A colleague of mine pinpointed the problem (at least for Android) in the APK and he contacted Marshall with the fix almost 2 months ago. He got the usual we will forward this to the developers bla bla... and still nothing.

BTW if you have the time check this, at least for the moment it is the most reliable solution for storing patches

Hi Goce, I checked quickly across all their community messages and couldn't find this do you know if your colleague reported on the my marshall community or via email. The community might raise its profile to them by voting the report up.

Goce

Reaction score
I think he reported it by email, he is on vacation now (Cuba = no Internet) I will bother him when he comes back.

Btw there is live patch editing on the site as of now, with direct preview on the amp. Just connect it via USB and tweak the settings on the site. I am uploading the factory patches on the site so that anyone can sync them if needed and also use them as base for tweaking their own tones.

Anyone is welcomed to share their presets.

As for the video the Canon G7x did most of the job.

Last edited:

6isenough

Reaction score
JTM45 or plexi, through the 1960X or 1960HW should get you there
set gain so that the amp stays clean at soft picking but distorts when you dig in... use a little compression up front to get to angus territory, leave it off for malcolm stuff
AC/DC's powerful sound comes from 2 guitars... many people also dial in too much gain btw... keep it low ;)
JTM45 or plexi, through the 1960X or 1960HW should get you there
set gain so that the amp stays clean at soft picking but distorts when you dig in... use a little compression up front to get to angus territory, leave it off for malcolm stuff
AC/DC's powerful sound comes from 2 guitars... many people also dial in too much gain btw... keep it low ;)

I just saw a interview with Angus Young's tech and he showed one of several heads used with settings as such: Presence 1 Bass 3 Mid 3 Treble 3 Volume 6 and Gain 8. Now since he has about four heads he switches to/from during the course of a show, I believe only one (or two) go to the front end guy and I also believe the setting on this one do not so it's pretty much a straight shot out. No effects period, which is the way Rock n Roll should be!!! Just an thought...

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw a interview with Angus Young's tech and he showed one of several heads used with settings as such: Presence 1 Bass 3 Mid 3 Treble 3 Volume 6 and Gain 8. Now since he has about four heads he switches to/from during the course of a show, I believe only one (or two) go to the front end guy and I also believe the setting on this one do not so it's pretty much a straight shot out. No effects period, which is the way Rock n Roll should be!!! Just an thought...
you forgot the schaffer replica... basically a compander... with the built in compressor in code, you should be able to create a similar effect of what it does