Marshall Jubilee 2525c or 2525h

• Thread starter Gaetan70140
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gaetan70140

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I want to buy a Jubilee to play stereo with my Fender Blues Junior (combo) I'm hesitating between the Marshall 2525c and the 2525h. In terms of sound, could some of you compare? they are different? Without taking into account the sound diffusion of the cab of course. Sorry for my poor English.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
I usually recommend a head and a cab. It's more flexible. You can just match up the head to whatever cab meets your needs: a 1x12, 2x12, or a 4x12. (or 4x10) Plus you can go open back, closed back, or ported.

Although there's nothing wrong with a combo amp, I find a studio head and 1x12 or a compact 2x12 is easier to move and may actually weigh less.

The 2525C is actually a rear ported design. The speaker is a 25 watt greenback. I personally like the Jubes with the G12 Vintage (V30 is variant ) or a V30, better than with GBs. But that is a subjective thing. Most of the separate cabs for the Jubilees come with G12Vintage instead of the GB.

For going with another amp that is open backed, a rear ported or open back cab might work better by giving a less directional, surround sound, type mix in the room?