Marshall Jubilee channel mod?

• Thread starter mxr2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Its there a Modification or anybody know of an schematic for a jubilee mod to balance the clean and over drive channel,like on Mesa Boogies that a extra gain channel knob is added to have a better balance between channels.
I found this link with a modification. Anybody using the Jubille have done this mod to the amp with good results?

http://home.comcast.net/~mamp17/Jubilee Layouts.html

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I have this on my 2550 clone. Its very nice but worth the effort in modding your jubilee. To do this on a real jubilee would be a shame if you drill through the chassis. Maybe concentric knobs?

JUBILEELOVINFOOL

Reaction score
hope you never plan on selling it, no body buys a hacked up jubilee!
if you cant figure out how to run it then sell it and get something different.
dont be a butcher:mad:

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
I run my MV on 10, my pre gain on 10 and my lead master on 3-4

this gives the best dirty tone, but when you click over to clean you are cranked all the way up.....so what i do, is roll back the guitar vol to about 5, THEN click over to clean and it sounds/works GREAT!!

mxr2000

Reaction score
I have this on my 2550 clone. Its very nice but worth the effort in modding your jubilee. To do this on a real jubilee would be a shame if you drill through the chassis. Maybe concentric knobs?
I was thinking on a Push/pull mod or use the line out to add a knob, I dont see the big deal on adding a additional knob that would help you to get the most from an amp like this one.If the amp was built to use both things clean and drive the most fair thing is you get the best of it not half of the capabilities,besides whats the deal The Jubilee not really a holy grail of tone? We all know Late 60's and early 70's Marshall are the true Holy Grail of tone... Jubilee its only a good hard rock amp..

Last edited:

ddaxe

Reaction score
it may not be the holy grail.. but what it is is what alot of people want in an amp... butchering one would be like repainting a ZL 1 aluminum big block vette.... there are other ways to achieve what your looking for....

jcmjmp

Reaction score
it may not be the holy grail.. but what it is is what alot of people want in an amp... butchering one would be like repainting a ZL 1 aluminum big block vette.... there are other ways to achieve what your looking for....

Agreed. I have both (2550 and 2550x) and I get by just fine with a quick turn of the vol knob on the guitar using the 2550 Jubilee. I recently played a Dio tribute show and we did "Last In Line" with the clean into going into the heavy part and with PAF Pros in the guitar, I went from squeaky clean to full out rock.

If you use EMGs something like a boss LS-2 to reduce the signal to the amp when in clean mode would work fine.

mxr2000

Reaction score
You are right this way there its a lot of different model of amps some appeal to a different audience and style of music, I just don't know what its the attitude, all most all the artist since Marshall came out in the 60's started to mod their amps, if we love the 80's hard Rock and metal era was because modded amps sound ask almost any of the Guitar legends from that era "A to Z" at certain moment modded their amps to suit their needs and reach the sounds that make them famous,thats why to day you have techs like Dave Friedman,Mark Cameron, and the list goes on, performing mods on marshall amps and most vintage amps to musician that look for versatility for their needs as musicians, the Mod that I look for isn't an invasive modification like those techs do. its only a mod to let me use the full capacity of this amp as an instrument. is that bad?

mxr2000

Reaction score
Impatient are we? 5 hours and already bumping the thread...
Wont you get inpatient if you seek for help and the first response are harsh and not helpful?all because i wanted a little help to make my amp more useful for my needs?

mike mike

Reaction score
I agree this is a cool mod but don't drill a jub. Use a concentric knob or something, or buy a clone. I don't like seeing an amp like that modded, especially with a drill

mxr2000

Reaction score
Agreed. I have both (2550 and 2550x) and I get by just fine with a quick turn of the vol knob on the guitar using the 2550 Jubilee. I recently played a Dio tribute show and we did "Last In Line" with the clean into going into the heavy part and with PAF Pros in the guitar, I went from squeaky clean to full out rock.

If you use EMGs something like a boss LS-2 to reduce the signal to the amp when in clean mode would work fine.
the 2550x that you own its something that you built or its a Ceriatone modded by Nik like on that layout ?

mxr2000

Reaction score
I agree this is a cool mod but don't drill a jub. Use a concentric knob or something, or buy a clone. I don't like seeing an amp like that modded, especially with a drill
I see you point of view and agree, could you be kind to tell me a bit more the Concentric knob its there an schematic so i could take to a tech to do so? anybody done this before with great results, that could help me with it?

Hollowbody

Reaction score
If it makes your amp sound better as a musical instrument, mod it.

If you want to re$ell, don't mod.

jorual

Reaction score
I have mine modified in order to get more gain on distortion Channel. I can ask my tech how he made it but it is consisting on changing some resistor values in the preamp part of the distortion channel.

ddaxe

Reaction score
sorry I can't be of too much help.. I'm not too tech savvy... I just hope you've given it some serious thought.... being that the Silver Jub is a very limited edition which will turn 25 next year... if you can mod it were it can be changed back to stock... no harm.. no foul... good luck...

jcmjmp

Reaction score
the 2550x that you own its something that you built or its a Ceriatone modded by Nik like on that layout ?

Its a ground up build.

Features dual bias, tube or diode rectifier, dual gain (1 for lead, 1 for clean), Heyboer transformers with silver ends.

mxr2000

Reaction score
sorry I can't be of too much help.. I'm not too tech savvy... I just hope you've given it some serious thought.... being that the Silver Jub is a very limited edition which will turn 25 next year... if you can mod it were it can be changed back to stock... no harm.. no foul... good luck...
mine its a 89 model, i owned a Silver jubilee but found the 1989 to be more tuneful and creamier..

mxr2000

Reaction score
I have mine modified in order to get more gain on distortion Channel. I can ask my tech how he made it but it is consisting on changing some resistor values in the preamp part of the distortion channel.
I think the gain is fine for what its for as an amp...
after you perform the mod on yours tell about your finds on tone,dynamics and versatility

Latest posts