• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Major re-issue

• Thread starter proxy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

proxy

Reaction score
Hi to all of you....
Marshall have all kind of re-issues but never Major amp....WTF ....

Frodebro

Reaction score
The trend these days is low wattage amps, Marshall probably wouldn't sell enough of them to make it worth the effort.

proxy

Reaction score
For 99% of people 100 watt is already overkill. Probably not the most sound decision business wise to release a Major today.

and FYI...they dont sound like Mike RT's

Well as much as you might be right here and there but still...
Marshall release so many amps that you can find easily....i shake my head...
They should be able to make Major exactly like Mike's if they want to...
I would buy it in a hurry if they release it...it is so hard to find Major in good condition these days ........

Swede

Reaction score
I would buy it in a hurry if they release it...it is so hard to find Major in good condition these days ........

Im guessing (and im not an amp guy) that you can take any 1959/1987 and make it sound fairly close to RT's Major, if that is what you like.

He has been gracious enough to post his mods several times.

proxy

Reaction score
Im guessing (and im not an amp guy) that you can take any 1959/1987 and make it sound fairly close to RT's Major, if that is what you like.

He has been gracious enough to post his mods several times.

I am sorry 1987x is nowhere close to Major ....
59 I do not know but i am tweaking Malmsteen amp.....

chiliphil1

Reaction score
For 99% of people 100 watt is already overkill. Probably not the most sound decision business wise to release a Major today.

They can fairly easily though.. Actually I know where there is one for sale right now that does sound like that..

I know where one lives... Legit Jose modded.. If he's still got it. Talk to ReiGnMan.

Masliko

Reaction score
I dont see the problem for Marshall really,seeing all Marshall's are paid for in advance otherwise they dont make them.And they're are so many gear geeks these days they would sell a few.

Personally i do agree, that unless your playing live,or live on a farm they would be overkill & shake the walls and kill your pets,and i dont like attenuators personally.

I would love one too! but would i get to use it?

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
They can fairly easily though.. Actually I know where there is one for sale right now that does sound like that..

I know where one lives... Legit Jose modded.. If he's still got it. Talk to ReiGnMan.

I have to agree, I highly recommend ReiGnMan '68 Major.:yesway::yesway:

I wish I had money to throw at it myself. :)

neikeel

Reaction score

Actually 99.99% will find a 100w overkill. I can never play any of my 100w NMV amps at full tilt without an attenuator. I have a few times in the past, but I imagine half of East Anglia can hear when I do as you have to use a full stack. Gigging I have to use a 50w with attenuator with half stack maximum and rehearsals an 18w 2x12 on 2/10 volume!

To tool up to make one of these safely and reliably, meeting modern specs and selling them with decent KT88s would be prohibitively expensive and I imagine they might sell a couple of hundred to collectors. You have to have a big margin to cover R&D, wages in UK factory etc, and then people will whinge because they don't sound like an original (cf recent Jube reissues!).

Much rather they made/sold decent HW models like the Astoria with traditional aesthetics, different power tube selections, built in attenuation and decent transparent efects loops. Much more like real world:D

paulorr8179

Reaction score
Hey as much as I have been desiring a 1987X these days, I recently bought a used Fargen mini poleax and at what is it 20 watts? It is perfect for me. Spend $1700 on it but it does JTM45, Plexi and JCM 800 tones quite well. I love it and the low wastage heck its more than enough for me.

Latest posts