Marshall Origin 20H and pedals

steveb63

Reaction score
I have been fiddling with my Origin 50c for the last couple of weeks and had some loop problems with delays and such when running the gain near maxed. I dialed the gain and master down to about 4 and hooked a Friedman BE-OD up on the front end... BOOM! There it is! Now I have the gain I want with a glorious tone and that cleaned up the effects loop problem. The Tech21 Boost DLA delay pedal in the loop works perfect as a solo boost and now is crystal clear.
Yup
Use the BE od Deluxe with my Origin 20H as well.

It's my "poor man" version of a Friedman amp.

Love the Friedman tone........ the price tag, not so much. Figgered I'd use this rig until l saved enough for the "real" BE.

Turns out this is meeting my needs just fine.

Used the amp fund for more toys and shiny things Lol.

Ps. 37

Reaction score
The Origin is everything from sparkling cleans with some grit to grindy kerrang to big chunk. A very lively sounding amp down every avenue.
I've found a combination that works for me, and I can dial my 20 in for a lot of different tones.
I love mine to death.. I can dial in any thing I want from it.
The 50H
I agree with everything here.

I've had the 50H for about a year and a half, using the Boss GT-100 in 4CM as individual stompboxes (BD-2 in front, and light reverb and delay in loop), and for me it covers the sounds I grew up with.

I play only at home, but it's still one of the most satisfying purchases I've made.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything here.

I've had the 50H for about a year and a half, using the Boss GT-100 in 4CM as individual stompboxes (BD-2 in front, and light reverb and delay in loop), and for me it covers the sounds I grew up with.

I play only at home, but it's still one of the most satisfying purchases I've made.
Same same, I love how it can get an early bite, and just how far you can take it into heavier crunch with just a few pedals.
I have never really explored the Vox Tone Lab with it for Trower tones yet, but I am sure it will get there nonetheless.
I believe I have had mine at close to the 3 year mark now.

Cheers

Latest posts