Marshall Powerbreak

• Thread starter DragonSarc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DragonSarc

Reaction score
I cant find any info on this even in the marshall website - It doesnt say if its 16 ohms or 8 ohms or is it switchable? im looking at THD hotplate and you have to choose 16 or 8 so whats the difference between the 2 and benefits having the PB or THD? i know ive seen this post before but i cant find it thanks :hippie:

byljer

Reaction score
I bought a powerbrake a couple of months ago, and, again, I got recommended the Koch LB 120. Check out the reviews over at Harmony Central. I've been told that the Koch powerbrake is about the best out there, and from my experience using it I have no doubt it may well be one of the best. I've had two Koch before, and they've all been very good. Try out different types at your local store and see if you can find one that suit your taste.

I've never tried the Marhall powerbrake because, to be honest, I've never heard much positive things about it. For all I know, it may be good...

steelhorse

Reaction score
Get the THD.

Info: THD Electronics

Review: THD Hot Plate

I've gigged with several players over the years that originally had PB's and they replaced them for hotplates for different issues with the PB's or after hearing and trying the hotplate they decided they liked it better.

Read the review carefully because the reviewer does mention the PB.

Also shop for the correct hotplate online. Ebay sometimes has good deals on new and used hotplates. This dealer has a great price and includes a speaker cable fwiw: http://www.svvintageamps.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24

:hippie:

DragonSarc

Reaction score
That was quick I got my hotplate today from the mail sweet!!!!!!!! so how do you guys set the settings on the hotplate do you switch the Deep and bright switch off or on? how much tonal difference is it with or with out the hotplate?:hippie:

steelhorse

Reaction score
The price you paid for it it probably included UPS shipping but cool, you got it.

I have the deep switch activated and I set the attenuation on the left at -4. This gets me attenuation for playing at the home studio but doesn't affect the tone, beyond that then I hear a difference and the cleans get dirty as well the further left I go.

Keep in mind that I don't use a hotplate with my Marshalls at the studio, I'm using it with my JSX only which does have a MV and I could dime it but it also effects my cleans but now that I use the DSL100 I may not need the hotplate at all since I like it's cleans more than I do the JSX.

"level" wise on the hotplate for home use I have it set low which is where the benefit comes in.

So to recap -4 for the left side, deep on, and I have the white mark pointed right at the dB logo at about 7 o clock.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

DragonSarc

Reaction score
The price you paid for it it probably included UPS shipping but cool, you got it.

I have the deep switch activated and I set the attenuation on the left at -4. This gets me attenuation for playing at the home studio but doesn't affect the tone, beyond that then I hear a difference and the cleans get dirty as well the further left I go.

Keep in mind that I don't use a hotplate with my Marshalls at the studio, I'm using it with my JSX only which does have a MV and I could dime it but it also effects my cleans but now that I use the DSL100 I may not need the hotplate at all since I like it's cleans more than I do the JSX.

"level" wise on the hotplate for home use I have it set low which is where the benefit comes in.

So to recap -4 for the left side, deep on, and I have the white mark pointed right at the dB logo at about 7 o clock.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

how about the amp setting is your volume on 12clock?

DragonSarc

Reaction score
and here it is Brand Spankin new HoTplate sweet! I wish its available in gold so it would match the faceplate :hippie:
IMG_1097.jpg

Latest posts