MarshallForum song, how wanna participate?

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dptone5

Reaction score
Clear Max and sounds good. We can work with that and send you a guitar track only with our own added FX. Thanks!

maxime1122

Reaction score
Clear Max and sounds good. We can work with that and send you a guitar track only with our own added FX. Thanks!

Perfect. And for your tone, you can do whatever you want to have the tone YOU want :p You can use two amps in stereo, etc.

That being said. It needs to be a Marshall :headbanger:

:h5:

rjtm

Reaction score
Perfect. And for your tone, you can do whatever you want to have the tone YOU want :p You can use two amps in stereo, etc.

That being said. It needs to be a Marshall :headbanger:

Theres one rule: It has to be a marshall :lol:

It definitely does have to though. :headbanger:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Hey!

Sorry guys, I will come with the updated recording this saturday or monday the lastest. I will have a lot of free time!

Busy a lot these days :)

wreckingball

Reaction score
Slacker! hahah

Not really, I'm in the same boat brutha...real busy!

I'll be on the boards this weekend though, lookin' forward to working on this thing.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Hello guys.

So, I did a recording another recording for your approval : if the solos rythm is good for you all. (starting at 0:21 up to 0:56) So, this is 35 seconds, exacly.

I think that 35 seconds is fine for me.

Here is the demo (still not downloadable, since thats not the final version).

Compo MF V2 (this is the audio link)

And, I know its taking a bit of time... But, I want to do a good "base" recording, so that you can work on something that is perfecly done, etc.

Last edited:

All4Tone

Reaction score
What would have been helpful would be to have your track in the right (or left) channel and a click in the other...

Makes it easier to add drums, but I could build a tempo map, add drums, collect all the tracks from here, mix, then fire it up to the site for everyone to d/l.

My only problem will be the time I have to do this, but if having a studio volunteer to pull it all together will help, I'm in.

dptone5

Reaction score
Hey Max, I like V2 tone better. It is not as dark and compressed. I think it will be better for mixing, because it sounds to me that you can do more with it. Also, once you add bass and drums, I think V2 will cut through better.

So the objective will be to solo from 0:21 to 0:56 and before each person's solo will be the 20 second rhythm turnaround. Correct??

Thanks Max!!

maxime1122

Reaction score
What would have been helpful would be to have your track in the right (or left) channel and a click in the other...

Makes it easier to add drums, but I could build a tempo map, add drums, collect all the tracks from here, mix, then fire it up to the site for everyone to d/l.

My only problem will be the time I have to do this, but if having a studio volunteer to pull it all together will help, I'm in.

When I will post the final one, there will be a click track on it. I just muted it for the tone comparaison, etc.

All4Tone

Reaction score
When I will post the final one, there will be a click track on it. I just muted it for the tone comparaison, etc.

Perfect, that will make the end product tighter. If we get a ton of solos, I can make the track longer, but if the idea is to include lots of forum members, more so than make a song for market, we can fit evryone in and supply a list of who did what when in the song. Personally, it doesn't matter if we end up with an 8 minute song, but if we get 20 members involved, that would be cool. Depend on what the general consenus is about that. I could make a longer and shorter version too.

carrots

Reaction score

So how does the list look? who's in?
This will be a blast............... even if I end up last!

Sometimes I'm so far behind I think I'm first.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I hope so! I haven't sat down with a guitar yet, but I have a couple ideas to play around with the odd measure counts. :hmm:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Are we gonna do this for real?

Yes.

Im trying to put some kind of drum machine on it, because the intro riff is not 4/4 all the way, there are some 9/8 and a 2/4. The solo riff is 4/4 all the way tho.

Last edited:

rjtm

Reaction score
Yes.

Im trying to put some kind of drum machine on it, because the intro riff is not 4/4 all the way, there are some 9/8 and a 5/8. The solo riff is 4/4 all the way tho.

Alright, just making sure :). It was more of a bump than an actual question. I think you should do the solo track first and put it up while you put the intro up, since its easier, and it can get everything started.

Latest posts