MarshallForum song, how wanna participate?

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gdh1532

Reaction score
I have drums recorded, you may want to slice them up and make them fit ,, I got out of time in a spot or two.. I never did get my click for my headphones to line up with the guitar track, exactly. I did the best I could, with what little time I had today. If I have more time I may work on getting the project time lined up with you audio clip. I tried 120 but it would track out of time by the 4th measure. So I just tried to play along with out a click track.

A good drummer would help things. I just realized I suck at drums :). EDIT:

redid the drums today.
not sure if it's what you're wanting. LINK:
http://snd.sc/s7Uxhdhttp://snd.sc/tRqFRi

another link intro drums and lead/verse drums with guitar. I might redo them after I hear the bass. if I have time.http://snd.sc/taSfbF

Last edited:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Happy new year!

So, I got the recording of bass+guitar and tempo to use to record drums. The loop that will be used for solos starts at 0:12 to the end. So you can do something different from the beginning up to 0:12. Remember to start the recording at the beginning (0:00) of the recording even if your not playing. This will help me to put your tracks in the mix.

When you're done, please send me a PM and I will give you my email to send me your tracks (all tracks, 6+ tracks, I imagine).

Audio link - Bass+Guitar with tempo.

BTW, the tempo is 124BPM.

Somebody want to try something?
PS: I know that gdh1532 already tried something on it. But, he should redo it to fit with bass.

Thanks!!

:h5:

hacksaw

Reaction score
Can ya spilt that click track to the left or something? I'd like to knock it down and hear that nice slithering bass line. :D

never mind, I filtered it.

Hmm, Needs more cowbell!

Last edited:

dptone5

Reaction score
Hi Max,

Just so I'm clear, the new track with the bass is the official. We are to begin the solo at 0:12 and record our track from the beginning (0:00). If we want to add something between 0:00 and 0:12 we can, correct?

The beginning of the solo on this version starts at an earlier different phrase than the other version you have on Soundcloud. On the earlier version, we were to begin on the more rhythmic piece beginning at 0:09 and the solo would last ~ 0:27.

On the new version, the solo starts at 0:12 and runs through 0:48 and lasts ~ 0:36.

Sorry for the questions.....just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm downloading both parts to my Korg now.

Thanks man!!

DP

dptone5

Reaction score
Also....here is what I'm counting....using a 1/4 note as one beat....

One measure of 5/4 beginning at 0:09.....transition to the beginning of the solo at 0:12...

One measure of 7/4 beginning at 0:17.....transition to groove rhythm that begins ~ 0:21..

Thanks!

DP

maxime1122

Reaction score
Hi Max,

Just so I'm clear, the new track with the bass is the official. We are to begin the solo at 0:12 and record our track from the beginning (0:00). If we want to add something between 0:00 and 0:12 we can, correct?

The beginning of the solo on this version starts at an earlier different phrase than the other version you have on Soundcloud. On the earlier version, we were to begin on the more rhythmic piece beginning at 0:09 and the solo would last ~ 0:27.

On the new version, the solo starts at 0:12 and runs through 0:48 and lasts ~ 0:36.

Sorry for the questions.....just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm downloading both parts to my Korg now.

Thanks man!!

DP

Hey!

No! Use the loop to record your track. No the one I provided yesterday to the drummer.

If you want, I can post an updated loop with bass on it.

Tell me what you prefer.

Thanks!!

dptone5

Reaction score
Thanks Max...

I get it now. I will use the original loop without the bass and start the solo at 0:09, after the measure of 7/4....

I will record a mono guitar lead track with FX, starting at 0:00 so you can put the loops together and I'll start the solo at 0:09 with the rhythmic groove....

Appreciate your help!

maxime1122

Reaction score
Thanks Max...

I get it now. I will use the original loop without the bass and start the solo at 0:09, after the measure of 7/4....

I will record a mono guitar lead track with FX, starting at 0:00 so you can put the loops together and I'll start the solo at 0:09 with the rhythmic groove....

Appreciate your help!

Ok.

Send me a PM when its done.

I will give you my email in my reply to send me your track/

maxime1122

Reaction score
Status of this project:

I received one solo today
Bass track is done
Guitar tracks are done

Yesterday, I provided the recording of bass+guitar+tempo to put drums on.

Thanks!!

rjtm

Reaction score
Status of this project:

I received one solo today
Bass track is done
Guitar tracks are done

Yesterday, I provided the recording of bass+guitar+tempo to put drums on.

Thanks!!

Thats a good start! Ill send you the track as soon as I get my new guitar (Im still waiting... :rolleyes:)

gdh1532

Reaction score
I'm over in St Louis Mo. Right now, it'll be a week before I can get anything done.
If anyone else wants to do the drums, go for it.

maxime1122

Reaction score
I'm over in St Louis Mo. Right now, it'll be a week before I can get anything done.
If anyone else wants to do the drums, go for it.

Ok.

So who is working on drums now?

Last edited:

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Status update? I'm anxious to hear how good we are, so I know how long before we can go on tour!

:band:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Status update? I'm anxious to hear how good we are, so I know how long before we can go on tour!

:band:

I got yours and another solo track.

Got one drum... I will try to add it the the mix tomorrow. So we got only one drummer here? :)

Thanks!!

gdh1532

Reaction score
If your talking about me as a drummer, you really would have 0 drummers :)

I sent you the wrong files, /those files where at project length not file length (your file length). I sent you the new files. Might make your mixing job a little easier. :D

rjtm

Reaction score
My guitar order got held back another week :( so I might be a little late in recording a solo for it