Metallic Chime noise Marshall Origin 50

• Thread starter TONOHONEY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TONOHONEY

Reaction score
My Marshall Origin 50 combo amp started making a slight metallic chime noise when I strike lower strings fretted and unfretted. I’ve tried with more than one guitar, no pedals and multiple chords. It’s the amp. Any ideas? It’s not easy to check tubes on the Origin amps

steveb63

Reaction score
:welcome:
To The Forum
I would strongly suggest as @Leonard Neemoil has pointed out..
I have not had this problem.. but mine are the head version’s
Hope you get it sorted out buddy..

Cheers
Mitch
That's one of the reasons I only have heads.

My Marshalls seem vibrate the Hell out of the guts when it comes to combos.

Imagine that, a Marshall so loud and thundering that it would wiggle a tube, or component loose. Lol
1295kt.jpg

El Gringo

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I only have heads.

My Marshalls seem vibrate the Hell out of the guts when it comes to combos.

Imagine that, a Marshall so loud and thundering that it would wiggle a tube, or component loose. Lol
View attachment 106216
And you also respond with the "I can't hear what you are saying " Stops them right in there tracks .

jvmiLLer

Reaction score
My Marshall Origin 50 combo amp started making a slight metallic chime noise when I strike lower strings fretted and unfretted. I’ve tried with more than one guitar, no pedals and multiple chords. It’s the amp. Any ideas? It’s not easy to check tubes on the Origin amps
Mine was also doing that, figured it was the fretting on my guitar, changed to another and it stopped.
Did you found out what it was?

Glasellland

Reaction score
I'm thinking a microphonic preamp tube.

Same here. I took the chassis out and the problem was solved temporarily. I figured it was the first preamp tube (V1) and I replaced it with another I already had. Problem solved at no cost and only the least inconvenience. Great amp, well made for a great price.

Latest posts