Mini Jubilee Combo Is Here.

• Thread starter Pricketfella
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I go to the local college for an evening guitar class. The instructor there started playing guitar 10 years after me in the early 1980s and he is way better than me, even when plugged into a cheap transistor combo...it's quite humbling and makes me think that all the flash gear in the world won't over come lack of practice/skill on my part.

Doesn't stop me lusting after more amps though. ;)

ricksteruk

Reaction score
..it's quite humbling and makes me think that all the flash gear in the world won't over come lack of practice/skill on my part.

Doesn't stop me lusting after more amps though. ;)

Hehe yeah me too! My gear is probably a bit much for my ability - but then again.. it inspires me to play more when it sounds good.

I just got in a solid 50 mins of practice there.. was definitely more satisfying than forum surfing.
I might take some lessons in the future - but for now I've got a pretty good idea what I want to get better at.. which is learning the guitar neck.. all of it.. so I can fluently move up and down the board and not just stay in one position and wiggle.

rich88uk

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of the head as a high gain alternative to my JMP-1H. I could also take the head to rehearsals easier than the combo, though the issue of the cab comes up for any gigs (most likely small, open mic type) I could use the same 1 x12 cab I had made to use with the JMP1-H which has the same single greenback that the combo has.

Trouble is I also want a 'Fender' amp (I use quotes because it might be some other amp that does the Fender clean tone I want for my Strat), plus I have a lead on a 1 watt JTM-1C and fancy changing my Epiphone LP for a 'proper 'Gibson' model...oh and I'm rebuilding my home cinema and the quote for the new screen would buy the Mini Jubilee combo, head and matching 2 x 12. Maybe I should just spend some money on guitar lessons. :)

Story of my life that mate

iron broadsword

Reaction score
I might take some lessons in the future - but for now I've got a pretty good idea what I want to get better at.. which is learning the guitar neck.. all of it.. so I can fluently move up and down the board and not just stay in one position and wiggle.

When I was in that position, I found this to be very helpful: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

What I did was load up a song that I know the key... let's say sweet child of mine. Well the song is in Db major so just load up that scale in your tuning and all of a sudden you've got a roadmap for your fretboard. Everything you hit will sound good, so just wank away. The solo's in a different key though.. Ebm? You'll need to have a duplicate window open for that if you wanna use this example. Anyways, do that to your fav songs a few times a week for a while and you'll be set.

There's a frackton of backing tracks on youtube to jam with.. I'm sure you can find lead-less tracks for the popular tracks and there's lots of generic tracks that are just fun.

ricksteruk

Reaction score
When I was in that position, I found this to be very helpful: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

What I did was load up a song that I know the key... let's say sweet child of mine. Well the song is in Db major so just load up that scale in your tuning and all of a sudden you've got a roadmap for your fretboard. Everything you hit will sound good, so just wank away. The solo's in a different key though.. Ebm? You'll need to have a duplicate window open for that if you wanna use this example. Anyways, do that to your fav songs a few times a week for a while and you'll be set.

There's a frackton of backing tracks on youtube to jam with.. I'm sure you can find lead-less tracks for the popular tracks and there's lots of generic tracks that are just fun.

That's a useful link thanks!

Yeah that's basically what I am doing. I'm using the looper in my Helix to record a section of a song in a certain key that I want to practice to and then off I go and just play in that key and try and make it up and down the fretboard without getting confused.

I'm starting with getting the pentatonic positions nailed in my head - because almost everything else comes from that. It's simply a matter of adding extra notes for a major scale, shifting positions / root note for a natural minor (or for a different mode).
Things like whole tone scales are perhaps a little different so I'll look at them later.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know the names for any of this stuff but if it's in a major or minor in any key I'm fine. After a while everything just connects and it's like seeing the matrix.

o-THE-MATRIX-AND-HINDUISM-facebook.jpg

Sir Don

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think this is all just a dream. The 2525h and c have been listed on the Marshall website since about mid January this year. As yet I've not heard from anybody that has a head version. Are they even for sale yet?

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think this is all just a dream. The 2525h and c have been listed on the Marshall website since about mid January this year. As yet I've not heard from anybody that has a head version. Are they even for sale yet?

After two faulty combos, my friend got his head version yesterday, he had to wait for the Orange 1x12 w/V30 to come into stock, but is pleased with the set up. For my ears (I heard his combo running through my 1x12, which is the same as the one pictured), it sounds great. Much better on full power than 5W mode; it was ok for bedroom levels on 5W, but had a bit of a spongey sound to it.

IMG-20160713-WA0002.jpg

rick16v

Reaction score
What were the cleans like. Can you achieve a balance of nice cleans and nice dirt without having to adjust the shared gain control?

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
I only heard the cleans for about 2 minutes or so. From what I remember, the cleans were still a little broken up, but I don't know how he had the gain set up. Couldn't tell you about the balancing between channels as he has his gain at about 7-8, so if it was shared he must have knocked it back a bit.

rick16v

Reaction score
I only heard the cleans for about 2 minutes or so. From what I remember, the cleans were still a little broken up, but I don't know how he had the gain set up. Couldn't tell you about the balancing between channels as he has his gain at about 7-8, so if it was shared he must have knocked it back a bit.

Cheers :yesway:

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
What was wrong with the combos, why did they have to go back?

The first one he had, after a couple of weeks you could hear what sounded like tube rattle on certain notes. He took the back off and checked the valves were seated and everything was as it should be and it all looked good.

He contacted Anderton's and they arranged for him to have a replacement, which did the same thing after a few days. When he came over to my house for a jam, we hooked it up to my 1x12 and there was no rattle sound/resonance. In the end Anderton's swapped the second combo for the head and cab in the picture I posted. Really odd that the same thing happened to two combos, it seemed like it produced some high pitched resonance in the cabinet on certain notes.

My friend said that Anderton's have had three of the combos returned (including his two) so far. I would like to know if anyone with the combo is getting along with it, but they don't seem too common at the moment. The only thing that resonates when I play my DSL is the rest of the room....

rich88uk

Reaction score
Doesn't fill me with much confidence sound of a gun. Hopefully it's bad batch as I really wanted one . May have to have a rethink and get the head.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I happen to be working near Andertons next week so I'm tempted to call in and have a try of the head. I was interested in the combo, but not if there are problems with the rattling.

Are these limited editions as I'm not really in a position to buy one just yet, but I'd like to try while I can so I know if it's something I want to come back to later this year?