Mini Jubilee looks official!

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Human Steve

Reaction score
So... When, do we get to see what's behind that curtain as referred to on page 1? Remember page 1? I remember it like it was yesterday.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
The fact that I could buy two amps for that price or something else used is a punch in the gut. Two DSL40c's ,a used JCM800, a used 1987x, or two 1watt models etc. See my point. I was really excited about this until I saw the prices. Now I don't know what to get considering I had a $500 budget. Other than the DSL. I wanted some options to choose from and perhaps a a different tonal range than I have now. I am sure the new Satch amp will be $2000 as well right. :scratch:

If your budget is that low, and you already have a DSL series, take a look at the new CODE series. Although I think the price is a bit high on the Jube for me, Marshall can't help it if you have a REALLY low budget. Plus, there may be more on the horizon. Hang tough! Even the 40C is higher than the 500 budget you have. Go used!!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Rather they be Asian and half priced, but maybe im in the minority here.

No you are not! I was hoping for Marshall to deliver something similar to this made in Asia for under 1K, I got half my hopes!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Who here thinks this 20W combo will be loud enough to practice with, say, at least a drummer and another guitar player?

I'm kind of doubting it would be loud enough.

What do you all plan to use it for?

It will be loud enough, my Vox AC15 at 15 watts is earth shatteringly loud. Set it up on a stand and youre good to go, and your drummer will be telling you to turn it down LOL.

Reaction score
Never completely understood the whole wattage vs volume thing. I gigged with a 100 watt head for the first few years when I first started playing out. Then was really surprised when I used a buddies Class 5 at a rehearsal and it did the job (just barely, but still). I then got a 50 watt head and that was with me for about 5 years and did everything I needed it to do and sounded great - didn't miss the extra 50 watts at all.
Recently found a used 2554 for a great price (didn't really need it but, you know) and it's been super versatile for what I needed it for. I'm definitely interested in doing an A/B between the 2554 vs 2525C and seeing how they compare, tonally and volume-wise.
It is worth noting that the 2525C is only about $200 less than what a 2554 would usually go for on Reverb/eBay/Gbase.
Either way, its good on Marshall for giving people what they want...if only to put some more of the same sounding amps out there for people to enjoy.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Why do you all think, that the 2525 delivers 20 watts?

I don't think, that anybody will measure it - but when you do, I guess you will get more than 20 watts.

And that's clever, Marshall, very clever!

If the new amps were labeled as "50 watts", many of you guys had claimed "What? We need a smaller 20 watts amp! 50 watts are not so much quieter than 100 watts and we already have got the 2555X RI"

So they say, it's 20 watts. But loud 20 watts, perfect for gigging.

And for those folks, who say "But 20 watts - that's too loud for home use", they added the 5 watts switch.

5 watts, not 1 watts - because many of you claimed about the 1 watts anniversary series, that they are not able to drive a 4x12 cabinet and whished if they only had 5 watts...

So here you are! :applause:

Clever indeed :applause: I think they covered all bases with this line, people will line up to buy them too, and those of us that cant afford them will wait until theres a 15% coupon at our favorite retailer or wait for a used one :yesway:

BowerR64

Reaction score
IMO... I think it is in the same price range as a 22-watt Splawn Super Sport, Granger V20 Nitro or any of Ceriatone clones.... Seems reasonable to me....

Is the mini-Jube gonna be a full-fledge product or one of those limited production run?

Because the jubilee takes 2-3X longer to build then say a DSL right?

or is it made form more rare earth elements? :scratch:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
:yesway: 20 (tube) watts is perfect for gigging and 5 watts is nice for recording and "bedroom" use, whatever that is. I read a complaint recently where a SL5 (5/1) watts was too loud for the bedroom. They must not have seen the volume knob. I mean at some point it gets so quiet that you can hear the strings slapping the frets. What use is that? If you can't turn down a 5 watt amp low enough to rock out "quietly" (an oxymoron in itself), either you need a headphone amp or maybe Rock and Metal aren't your thang.

Assuming there are no QC problems with the 2525, it's going to be fairly popular despite its somewhat cost-prohibitive price. Otherwise, I'm settled that the amp is flawless in features, design and versatility.

I can play my 2204 at bedroom volume with good tone and also the DSL I used to have, so if someone says 5 watts is too loud then they are stupid. :applause:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score

All companies are going to have varying price points. In this particular case, the SJ was damn near the equivalent of finding a unicorn for many years … they were in demand in a big league way … now that they are available, the price is going to reflect the demand. It's fair.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

I wonder this too, why is a 20 watt Jube $1300 and a 30 watt Astoria $3000?? :hmm:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I wonder this too, why is a 20 watt Jube $1300 and a 30 watt Astoria $3000?? :hmm:

I believe the Astoria is being marketed to a different buyer (i.e. someone who's not looking at the price tag). I feel it's kind of their stepping stone into a 'boutique / custom shop' category.

Latest posts