Mr. Crowley

• Thread starter luekemeyer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sojatriani

Reaction score
Sounds great! just sync those hands up a litttle. I remember learning that solo, it just didn't sound right until I played it for about 6 years, then I could really add some feel to it, very accurate right hand though....keep rocking Randy!!!

jcmjmp

Reaction score
work on your timing and precision. I love the tune.

luekemeyer

Reaction score
Yep, the timing is still off. I imagine it is going to take several months before I have the entire song sounding good. Thanks for the comments.:headbanger:

jcmjmp

Reaction score
That has to be one of the top 10 solos of all time.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I don't learn other peoples solos so I can't offer much advice. Killer tone though.
But its such a great learning tool. You really get to discover little intricacies. Each his own I guess.

psphill27

Reaction score
Dude...sounding good. I don't think it will take you "months". If you hit it hard for another week or two, I think you'll nail it. When I'm learning a new song, I try to play it at least once for every time I sit down to practice. Seems to work for me. Repetition will always store it in you muscle memory. Good luck...

amplifier

Reaction score
But its such a great learning tool. You really get to discover little intricacies. Each his own I guess.

+100

My god one of those... who think they're so above learning other peoples music like everyone else is some sort of sub-species of guitar player. ANNOYING, why bother comment?! Writers read other peoples works, sculpers and painters study other peoples techniques, etc. Guitar players are no different, all that guy is doing is adding years on top of his learning curve. Better him than me.

luekemeyer

Reaction score
Dude...sounding good. I don't think it will take you "months". If you hit it hard for another week or two, I think you'll nail it. When I'm learning a new song, I try to play it at least once for every time I sit down to practice. Seems to work for me. Repetition will always store it in you muscle memory. Good luck...
Thanks.. You are correct. I do play it everytime I pickup the guitar and then try to move a few notes farther in.

wareagle

Reaction score
just to give u some kool facts i know from being a complete rhoads fantatic, he does a dminor chord then open a then f on e and back, not the d power then a power. jus saying not meaning to sound like an ass but jus saying. the riff right b4 the solo, in between the chords. its over a a phrygian, with the chord note in ther, i find it easier like that, and thats the way he plays it, rather then on the dorian. ill tab it out exact if you want. the riff b4 the solo, the riff ending the solo. the start and mid of the solo is just d min pentatonic then to a phrygian and its not going to be accurate for randy plays it different each time.

if u wana know anything about rhoads or what he does, just ask.

btw i really liked it. like the 2 half stacks 4 guitars, golf clubs (i play also im like a 7 or so handicap) and the whole cover gl on the rest, if you wana know anything about it just ask.

luekemeyer

Reaction score
just to give u some kool facts i know from being a complete rhoads fantatic, he does a dminor chord then open a then f on e and back, not the d power then a power. jus saying not meaning to sound like an ass but jus saying. the riff right b4 the solo, in between the chords. its over a a phrygian, with the chord note in ther, i find it easier like that, and thats the way he plays it, rather then on the dorian. ill tab it out exact if you want. the riff b4 the solo, the riff ending the solo. the start and mid of the solo is just d min pentatonic then to a phrygian and its not going to be accurate for randy plays it different each time.

if u wana know anything about rhoads or what he does, just ask.

btw i really liked it. like the 2 half stacks 4 guitars, golf clubs (i play also im like a 7 or so handicap) and the whole cover gl on the rest, if you wana know anything about it just ask.

I was using the tabs from Guitar World 1986. I would not mind seeing the tabs that you have, because I have seen a some difference in the way he plays it compared to the tab from Guitar world.

Plus, I suck at golf. I bought to play with the guys at work.
Thanks for the info.

wareagle

Reaction score
kk, give me a day or so, i gotta write it up. i did it by ear, watching the after hours vids, concert vids, bootlegs, and by combining some tabs.

and lol remember a slower controlled backswing is better then a fast reckless one, eye on the ball, when you come through dont put your hands ahead of the ball coming down. keep your back foot down. and rember...sneeze in their backswing....

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I was using the tabs from Guitar World 1986. I would not mind seeing the tabs that you have, because I have seen a some difference in the way he plays it compared to the tab from Guitar world.

Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind that the live version is slightly different than the studio version for some of the chord changes.

wareagle

Reaction score
well the chord changes are the same, the solo fill bridge and basicly everything else is a bit different.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
well the chord changes are the same, the solo fill bridge and basicly everything else is a bit different.

Listen to the end, the chord changes for the ending are based on a different chord progression. That's one of the big differences.

wareagle

Reaction score
o i thought you ment when ozzy was singing. yeh the chords are a bit different, however they didnt have 2 guitarists so you have to hear it from the bass part. and the bass plays somthing different i think.

Latest posts