My wall of marshalls

• Thread starter BURSTBUCKERBLACK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

X2203xman

Reaction score
Right now I can run 4 heads thru 8 cabs and its done with Morley A/B/Y boxes you can see them on my pedal board. I am ordering 4 A/B/C boxes which gives me 12 amp inputs then Y them down to 2 A/B/Y and then down to one A/B/Y then to the guitar. The extra inputs on the A/B/C I can add more amps like my JMP 50 watt 2 12" Combo just for shits and grins. Sounds a bit like a cluster but I have not found anything on the market that is a all in one setup. I have to laugh cause when I have been to places like guitar center they just look at me like I'm crazy and say why.... I just answer back and why not. FDLMFAO at any rate the setup I've come up with works great and is safe with zero issues. I did have a ground loop hum which I get rid of by lifting the ground prong for each head by putting a 2 prong adapter onto the power cord for each head and plug them into the power strip and have only the power strip grounded into my furman power regulator/power conditioner to keep the voltages safe clean and at a constant 120v. and Wah La.
:slash:
Do you notice much signal loss with the Morley aby's?I have one,but it seemed to zap some signal.Works though,and is quiet,with good switching.
Just wondered,I may have to dig mine out again.I use my dl-4 delay modeler to split my signal most of the time.It works well,and seems to maintain all your uummphh.

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
Dude, that's a cool collection bro! If I had to choose between a 15 thousand dollar car or a 15 thousand dollar Marshall wall I'd absolutely go for the Marshall wall !!!!!!!

Thank you. My thoughts exactly! I think It was the right move for me. I'm a Marshall JMP 2203 MV junkie and love it :)

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
SWEET....!!!! Let me know when and where you will be playing out with this set up.. I will be there for sure...!

Thanks I will Let you know for sure! Finding a drummer is easy lots of those around here to pick from. What would be the Bomb is to find a Bass Player with a Sick ass wall of Ampeg SVT's to match me on the other side! And Hang on WOOHOO!!!! Crank out some Classic ACDC, KISS, JUDAS PRIEST Just for fun and then some originals!!!!
:naughty:

Viking62

Reaction score
I just love the JMP's man.. I had one 2203 back in the early 80s and still kicking myself I sold it.
Get rid of the DSL's and TSL's and it'll be Ultimate Shit.
Those 2203 JMP are pretty hard to come by in my country, especially the 'Nick' yours are in.
God Damn I've looked at the pic 10 times today and sent it to about 5 people..:hbang:
Hats off big time!!

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
I just love the JMP's man.. I had one 2203 back in the early 80s and still kicking myself I sold it.
Get rid of the DSL's and TSL's and it'll be Ultimate Shit.
Those 2203 JMP are pretty hard to come by in my country, especially the 'Nick' yours are in.
God Damn I've looked at the pic 10 times today and sent it to about 5 people..:hbang:
Hats off big time!!

Thank you for the complements. I totally understand what you saying they are getting hard to find here too. And that my plan ditch the DSL's and TSL's and get 4 2203's in their place. I'm gonna take the heads to my amp tech and have him go thru them to make sure they are ready to go to a happy new home. That's just the right thing to do. I would t feel right selling without being
100%. They have no issues and crank it out just fine.

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
Do you notice much signal loss with the Morley aby's?I have one,but it seemed to zap some signal.Works though,and is quiet,with good switching.
Just wondered,I may have to dig mine out again.I use my dl-4 delay modeler to split my signal most of the time.It works well,and seems to maintain all your uummphh.

Tell you the truth I haven't noticed any signal loss at all. I did modify the Morley A/B/Y though, I took out the 9Volt battery and installed A/C adapter plugin and it works well no signal loss. I run all the 9volt stuff thru the Dunlop Power Bricks too. I notice the new A/B/C boxes from Morley come with the 9 Volt adapter already in place. I figure if there was going to be a signal loss like you noticed it would be due to a 9volt battery that starts draining right away. the other thing I did was make sure I use big fat power supply cords for everything I can that helps keep clean power as well. Speaker cables too the biggest and fattest I can find. This all helps keep it all nice and quite till I start playing.
:slash:

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
I must say, you take the casters off and it'll look SO much better IMO

I agree it will look much better. I have thinking about that too. I want to fabricate some kind of feet for the slant cabs to sit into the cups so the cabs don't move around and put the Bottom cabs on the ground it will also resonate more bass response thru the floor.

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
Well I learned the right way to connect up all 10 heads today. And that's with something called a "Radial JD7 Injector" you can connect up to 7 heads per unit. A sound engineer told me all about it. I think it will do exactly what I need. Here is a brief description.
"The Radial JD7 Injector is a guitar signal splitter that is able to drive as many as seven amplifiers at the same time and do so without the noise that often plagues most systems.
It features A or B selectable inputs with Radial's award winning class-A buffering circuit for ultra low distortion. To ensure maximum signal fidelity, Drag Control™ load correction lets you replicate the load on the guitar pickup as if connected to a tube amplifier for the most natural tone. The hi-Z outputs are equipped with high-performance Jensen Transformers for optimal signal transfer. Transformer isolation along with individual ground lifts help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops for cleaner, quieter guitar tracks. 180º polarity reverse ensures all amps play in phase while channels 5 and 6 are equipped with effects loops for greater setup flexibility.
The JD7 is fully equipped for Reamping: a built-in Radial direct box lets you record a dry track while a separate Reamp™ input is ready for re-recording dry tracks when needed. This enables you to move mics around the room, change amps or add effects to optimize the sound of the recording. And Reamping works equally well on bass, voice and other instruments.

Designed to spur on creativity, the JD7 is plug & play easy to use, super quiet, and amazingly natural sounding… a guitarist's dream come true and a producer's very best friend."pretty cool huh check out the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10