Nad, First Piece Of New Gear For 2019!!!!

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Not sure Yet! Only played for 15-20 min loud before my wife got home and then that was the end of that! Once I get new tubes in her and biased up I dona comparison.
Is it 50 watt? How does it sound with volume on 1 and everything else on 5? Thats my core tone settings.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Is it 50 watt? How does it sound with volume on 1 and everything else on 5? Thats my core tone settings.

Yes 50 watt. I had my EQ set close to that and it sounded good. The Svetlana 6550s and JJ 12ax7s just sound a bit sterile. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get her put back together and running with better tubes. Ill report back.

Last edited:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
He said he would get back to me in regards to the cab, price and pics.

If I don’t want it you serious about wanting it?
Fuck I'd love it but shipping to Canada woild be insane. I DO have a 6912 1x12 closed back cab for my 6101 that would work with the 4010 and a 2x12.
Stil....

MarshallDog

Reaction score
So, I cleaned her all up, scrubbed the tolex (dusty), vacuumed the grill cloth, installed and biased up new EH 6550's and put in new Preferred Series 7025 12AX7's, cleaned the tube sockets, all jacks and pots withe DeOxit 5, wiped down the chassis with WD-40, installed new rubber feet as the originals were dry rotted and ordered a Tuki Padded Cover for her. She is ready to rock and looks sweet!!! My wife is going to her Yoga Certification class this evening so I will be playing the crap of of her and enjoying a ice cold IPA beer!!! What a great way to spend a Friday!!

Last edited:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Well Boyz (and Girlz if any)...this amp kicks serious ass!!!! I love it, I'm a bit blown away right now. I wasn't sure I wanted it, was the high Bidder, tried to retract my bid but couldn't., said WTF it will sell for a higher price, nope and end up with it! After doing the maintenance above, popping in a G12M-65 Creamback (my favorite in most amps and lowering the brite cap to 100 pF...wow! This sounds great!!! It will stay with 6550's in it for sure!! What a sound, thick, with cut, not ear piercing, mean and solid!!! Stay tuned, I may have an amp for sale after getting this one. Running the pre-amp at 3...tonal heaven for me. I never thought a JCM 800 could sound this good. I wounder if it has something to do with that 4.7 nF cap across the mid-pot????

MarshallDog

Reaction score
One thing that’s interesting to me is the chassis straps on top the cab that the chassis bolts go through are metal and not plastic. I had plastic ones on the Jubilee 2x12 I owned and was always careful not to tighten them too much and split the plastic. Ive never seen replacement ones for sale. These metal ones wont split!!

Trapland

Punk, classic, funk, jazz and everything else.
Reaction score
One thing that’s interesting to me is the chassis straps on top the cab that the chassis bolts go through are metal and not plastic. I had plastic ones on the Jubilee 2x12 I owned and was always careful not to tighten them too much and split the plastic. Ive never seen replacement ones for sale. These metal ones wont split!!

The later 4010s have plastic. They’re probably the worst feature of the amp, I care more about those crappy plastic straps than the horizontal inputs. If you or anyone ever see metal replacements available, please post the source.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
The later 4010s have plastic. They’re probably the worst feature of the amp, I care more about those crappy plastic straps than the horizontal inputs. If you or anyone ever see metal replacements available, please post the source.

Will do, I'm just glad mine are metal. I have looked for plastic before but never found any. I should take these to a metal fab shop and have a few punched out, paint satin black and sell them on ebay???