Nad, First Piece Of New Gear For 2019!!!!

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Well, I need this like I need another hole in the head BUT I just could not pass it up. The perfect JCM 800 for me. Its an 84, no mods, literally like new, one owner, never out of his house, original speaker, pointer knobs and 6550 tubes...he has two of them and selling one off because he is down sizing his collection.

I saw it on ebay. It was an auction with a reserve or BIN price. There were 43 watchers and 8 bidders and we finally got it to the reserve price. In the mean time I emailed the Seller asking him all sorts of questions which he immediately responded to and he only live 1.5 hours away. He also stated these are becoming hard to find and with this being like new, if it does not sell he will just keep it and was firm on his price...he knew what he had rightfully so.

So yesterday evening I had the bid that hit the reserve and thats where the bid stayed. I woke up at 3:34 this morning think, WTF do you need this amp for but then thought there there is no way I will win at the current bid and I wont bid again, whatever.

Well, the auction ended today at 12:30ish. I was on a conference call. When I checked, the auction was over and I won, no sh-t!!! I payed a good price for it (100.00 bucks below the BIN price) but its like new and they are hard to come by...I cant believe it I guess it was meant to be.

He has the matching 1X12 extension cab that he is willing to sell...it just never ends!!!!!

Oh well, I could be dead next week so what the hell.

Here are some pics, now the wait.

View attachment 53743 View attachment 53743 View attachment 53744 View attachment 53745 View attachment 53746 View attachment 53747 View attachment 53748 View attachment 53749 View attachment 53750

Now That: is a good fucking amplifier. :applause:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great score bud! Jus found the thread read it and glad it was a "happy ending"!

Got to say you done good son!:applause:

Oh...and I'm jelly. Stoked for you though.:cheers:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
He said he would get back to me in regards to the cab, price and pics.

If I don’t want it you serious about wanting it?
Sweet as it would be, the 4010 has a fairly wide profile for a 1x12. My 2x12 is only like 4 inches wider. Not much point in the cab.
Thanks though! Glad it's rockin for ya.
So brite cap change out to 100 eh?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Sweet as it would be, the 4010 has a fairly wide profile for a 1x12. My 2x12 is only like 4 inches wider. Not much point in the cab.
Thanks though! Glad it's rockin for ya.
So brite cap change out to 100 eh?

Actually I upped the brite cap to 120 pFs. Then I tried 150 pFs but that was way too much for me.

I also want to see what the Tung-Sol 6550s sound like in this little Monster. So far I really like the EHs but I have new Tung-Sols sitting here so I may as well give it a try...just costs me some time.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Hey speaking of....
How woild I know if yhe filter caps and/or all electrolytes need changing? I find mine hums quite a bit as soon as a guitar is plugged in. Doesn't matter which guitar or AC outlet. Is that a sign? 1982 4010

Oh and some new pics Marshall dog!

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Hey speaking of....
How woild I know if yhe filter caps and/or all electrolytes need changing? I find mine hums quite a bit as soon as a guitar is plugged in. Doesn't matter which guitar or AC outlet. Is that a sign? 1982 4010

Oh and some new pics Marshall dog!
I'll probably just order up some ARS caps (they are original looking) and change them out myself. They are cheap and its an easy job. Would just hate to have one blow and take out some other component.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
So I ordered up a set of ARS filter caps. I should have them soon and will get them installed.

Tonight I popped in some EH 12AX7s and wow! Much quieter and then tone has a little less bass, a touch more cut without ear fatigue...never thought they would sound this good paired with the Tung-Sol 6550s?!