NAD - smokin JVM deal!

• Thread starter LCW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Wasn’t even really looking but randomly pulled up the local GC used gear page.

JVM210H at a deal I couldn’t resist. Was expecting it to be already sold since GC’s site isn’t always up to date.

Just got it home and plugged in. Dialed in a few rough tones. Will be a learning curve but it appears to be in great shape and the deal was just too good to pass up.

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

Last edited:

LCW

Reaction score
F’ed around with it for a couple hours. Through the Mesa in the pic and through an orange 2x12 with neo-creambacks. Couldn’t dial in to something I liked.

Compared it with my 3 other amps - Mini Jubilee, Iconic 5150 and Mesa Triple Rec… Just not jiving with it.

At least I got it through GC - easy return.

Crikey

Reaction score
Its a great sounding amp. Hnad

Crikey

Reaction score
You
F’ed around with it for a couple hours. Through the Mesa in the pic and through an orange 2x12 with neo-creambacks. Couldn’t dial in to something I liked.

Compared it with my 3 other amps - Mini Jubilee, Iconic 5150 and Mesa Triple Rec… Just not jiving with it.

At least I got it through GC - easy return
Go easy on fain. Takes a lil bit to dial it in

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Ah well, if it doesn’t work out, at least you do have an out.

Yeah, tbh I‘ve found the 410 more use (to me) than the 210 I did have. Don’t get me wrong, the 210/205 can sound good, and with the right pedal (boost/OD) you can attain a lot of different tones pretty easily.

But, it’s those two middle channels (crunch and OD1) I particularly like, so.. easy decision in the end.

Kutt

Reaction score

At least I got it through GC - easy return.

But you've already updated your signature. This makes it non-returnable. :)

1701685919080.png

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
The amp has been returned. Good riddance.
They 'aint for everyone. I had a 410H years ago that I didn't like and I've recently got another, swapped for a VM 2266c combo. I have a VM 2466 head and full stack of 425 cabs, so still get to scratch the VM itch.
I'm just going to keep this for a different option for folk using my recording studio. I doubt I'll use it myself...never got along with that 6 button footswitch.

LPCustom28

Reaction score
Had mine for about 6 months before it finally clicked (is very dependent on the type of speaker and setup being utilized). Run mine through an evh 4x12 (scooped one up after coming across a guy on YouTube running his 210 through the same cab, and getting great results). Also (I know it’s typically negligible using one on a master volume amp), but for a little extra kick to get it completely where I want it, I hook my Rockcrusher up to it and apply the most minimal amount of attenuation, which does seem to help kick in a little more muscle and loosen up the sonic qualities people complain about it (being too sterile and compressed). Mind you this was after a lot of trial and error lol (your results may vary), though now is my main amp setup.

LPCustom28

Reaction score
Also (just remembered), stock these do come biased very cold (which people attribute to some of the undesirable characteristics people complain about with the JVM), but for me personally I’ve managed positively with my setup.

They are very finicky (not a plug and play) which is why I think most people don’t give them a chance and dump them (was almost in that camp myself).

Latest posts