Need info on Marshall silver jubilee

• Thread starter al3d
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

al3d

Reaction score
OK guys..need some info on a Marshall silver jubilee that's for sale locally, I'm not very familiar with all the different boards on the Jubilee so want to know if it's a Good version. THe info i received from the seller.

silver Jubilee 25/50 1987 25th anniversary

in Very good shape. only thing owner changed the knobs but as the original one still. Serial number is the following, 04352 and date of manufacture is 10/7/87

Thanks for all your knowledge as always..:)

A few picts.

And what kinda price should i expect to pay?

0776d18_20.jpeg

0650bbb_20.jpeg

5847hc4_20.jpeg

5836f16_20.jpeg

5169563_20.jpeg

al3d

Reaction score
The knobs have been replaced and a rocker changed out for that toggle. That will decrease its "collectability" a little.

He has the Original knobs..so that's ok. as for the Rocker..i THINK that's because it's a Canadien version...all our marshalls in the 80's had those rocker swtich type for the powersection.

al3d

Reaction score
So..any idea on value and if it's the good board...been reading there are different boards on these models..some good..some less!

al3d

Reaction score
So...any more toughts on a Price for this sucker?

jcmjmp

Reaction score
The knobs have been replaced and a rocker changed out for that toggle. That will decrease its "collectability" a little.

No. The Canadian versions had metal toggle swicthes and a separate indicator lamp... besides, how could you remove a rectangle power switch and replace it with a smaller toggle switch without leaving a big rectangle opening?

That amp looks like it is in excellent condition. The serial number shows that it hs the later circuit. Regardless, the earlier cct can be converted.

If that amp were mine, I would'nt sell it ;) Seriously though, I think that $2500.00 is a good place to start. Of course, you could find some on ebay for cheaper.

al3d

Reaction score
No. The Canadian versions had metal toggle swicthes and a separate indicator lamp... besides, how could you remove a rectangle power switch and replace it with a smaller toggle switch without leaving a big rectangle opening?

That amp looks like it is in excellent condition. The serial number shows that it hs the later circuit. Regardless, the earlier cct can be converted.

If that amp were mine, I would'nt sell it ;) Seriously though, I think that $2500.00 is a good place to start. Of course, you could find some on ebay for cheaper.

he's asking 1700$ CND for it. locally.

Adwex

Reaction score
.... Seriously though, I think that $2500.00 is a good place to start. Of course, you could find some on ebay for cheaper.

I've never seen a 2550 go for that much. A 2555, yeah, but not a 2550.

Clammy

Reaction score
The dollars are about even right now, so $1700.00 CAD is around $1680.00USD.

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

al3d

Reaction score
The dollars are about even right now, so $1700.00 CAD is around $1680.00USD.

Cheers!

yeah..in Theory..when you go get US money or transfer it..then they hit you with a higher transfer rates..got to love banks

Clammy

Reaction score
yeah..in Theory..when you go get US money or transfer it..then they hit you with a higher transfer rates..got to love banks

I was checking accu-rate's website (Accu-Rate - Foreign Exchange Home Page), where they publish their exchange rates - the actual rates you get if you buy from them, and today, $1700.00 CAD would buy about $1680.00 USD. They always give a better exchange than the banks, and that's where I always go to buy foreign currency.

Cheers!

jcmjmp

Reaction score
I've never seen a 2550 go for that much. A 2555, yeah, but not a 2550.

Yeah, sorry. The 2550 go for a little less. $2000 seems right. At $1750.00, it seems like a decent price for a Jubilee in that condition.

Beware though, you may need a recap on that amp. Mine needed one when I got it and it had the same LCR caps.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Damn...

These things are to expensive for me. Another one Marshall that I would like to try but totally to expensive :(

Reaction score
he's asking 1700$ CND for it. locally.

So, did you finally bought it? I've just seen it for sell again this morning, are you reselling it or it's the same guy...? either way I'd like to know if you have tried it, or why you're selling it... thanks!

al3d

Reaction score
So, did you finally bought it? I've just seen it for sell again this morning, are you reselling it or it's the same guy...? either way I'd like to know if you have tried it, or why you're selling it... thanks!

Same guy..i don't think he's gotten any offers at 1750$..so he took out his add a while back..and reposted it with trade offers this time. I did'nt try it yet personnally