New amp day. Need help

Ebwelds

Reaction score
Got a G80R CD combo for basically free today. And it doesn't work. So it does power on. But basically nothing else works. None of the channel leds light up. A schematic would be extremely helpful.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Got a G80R CD combo for basically free today. And it doesn't work. So it does power on. But basically nothing else works. None of the channel leds light up. A schematic would be extremely helpful.
Not sure how similar these are to the 15 CD, but many years ago, I bought 5 of the 15 CD amps from a local Musicians Friend distribution center. They had a store front in the warehouse full of damage and returned items. Anyway, none of the amps worked (powered up, but no sound), so I figured I could probably fix them and flip them (fairly simple looking amp). If memory serves me correctly, I plugged some headphones in before buying them, and got some sound through the headphones. Turned out, all 5 of the amps had the same problem. The power transistors were mounted to the chassis, using the chassis as a heat sink, with the leads soldered directly to the bottom side of the PCB. Apparently, this was a bad design, as the legs of all 5 power transistors on (1 in each amp) had broken from stress. I bought 5 new power transistors and fixed all 5 of them.

Last edited: