New Marshall CODE digital amp series

• Thread starter Moony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
It cracks me up though. Marshall release exactly what people have been asking for- Silver Jubilees, and a "JVM2". But they're still not happy about it. Santiago must want to stand on a hill with a machine gun and Rambo the s"hhit out of this forum. :scratch:

nah, santiago is way too smart to get angry about all this bitching... it seemed to me he was looking forward to go to namm...

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It cracks me up though. Marshall release exactly what people have been asking for- Silver Jubilees, and a "JVM2". But they're still not happy about it. Santiago must want to stand on a hill with a machine gun and Rambo the s"hhit out of this forum. :scratch:

It always goes like that. Over and over.

I heard some more vids. There are some I like. The Plexi preset was too thin over my speakers. Presets always have things off about them. That's why there's editing.

Any ways I'm still listening to it.:yesway:

johnfv

Reaction score
...Marshall release exactly what people have been asking for...
If an amp has channels and/or other features I want to switch at a gig, I expect that to be MIDI controlled. In fact I want it to be a full featured MIDI implementation including control messages so I can turn on/off individual features and options as needed (not just presets). This is one big reason I prefer the Satriani JVM over the standard JVM.

That's what this person is asking for :wave: Again, clearly this amp is not targeted at me. The Satriani JVM actually is pretty damn close to what I'm asking for I just wish it was lower output and lighter weight.

Coachz

Reaction score
For me I would want two channels so I could run different models in left and right with different settings. Is there a way I could buy two and control them with a single pedal to get this ? Also, September is a long time away to wait. bummer

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
If an amp has channels and/or other features I want to switch at a gig, I expect that to be MIDI controlled. In fact I want it to be a full featured MIDI implementation including control messages so I can turn on/off individual features and options as needed (not just presets). This is one big reason I prefer the Satriani JVM over the standard JVM.

That's what this person is asking for :wave: Again, clearly this amp is not targeted at me. The Satriani JVM actually is pretty damn close to what I'm asking for I just wish it was lower output and lighter weight.

No t's not targeted to a pro. But its probably just they're first step into the real future of new guitarists: the online preset swapping community. (the "give me it now, and for free" community)

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've read every post and not a single person said it was crap in any way shape or form.

The few of us that are into modeling and actually would LOVE to use CODE also have world class pro gear and would love to intigrate this new Marshall but cannot because they are not allowing us by leaving out a few very low cost appointments (midi in and fx loop) We are dissapointed because we LIKE it, but not a single one of us said it was crap or even said it sounded bad.

If you think for a second that the effects in this marshall are even remotely as good, configuarable, or real time modifyable as Eventide, Axe FX II , Lexicon, TC Electronic, you are sadly mistaken.

That said.... I can see me buying one for home/studio recording dry or re-amping, or to replace my practice amp.

Yep...spot on. Imagine being able to connect the CODE up to your JMD1 via the FX return and utilise all the CODE presets via the EL34 power amp of the JMD1. If nothing else Marshall should do a pedal version that does exactly this.
The product looks very good as a stand alone piece of gear. However it seems that, as usual, Marshall have missed some of the detail that could have made it a whole lot more appealing. If there is no pre-amp out, midi or loop that is just dumb.....even a two bob Casio keyboard has a line out and midi.....would the headphone socket work for this??? :hmm:

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Yep...spot on. Imagine being able to connect the CODE up to your JMD1 via the FX return and utilise all the CODE presets via the EL34 power amp of the JMD1. If nothing else Marshall should do a pedal version that does exactly this.
The product looks very good as a stand alone piece of gear. However it seems that, as usual, Marshall have missed some of the detail that could have made it a whole lot more appealing. If there is no pre-amp out, midi or loop that is just dumb.....even a two bob Casio keyboard has a line out and midi.....would the headphone socket work for this??? :hmm:

According to insiders, you can.

From the headphone out to FX return.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
According to insiders, you can.

From the headphone out to FX return.
ive said that to, but noooo it's not possible because of impedance noise issues blahdiblah, without ever seeing a schematic or even tried it for that matter...

i've done it with various other equipment and it works just fine, indeed

HAmmer

Reaction score
As you see, there are also several cabs to choose, which were modeled.
So I guess, the cabs will be more like "neutral" Hi-Fi cabs, equipped with special broadband speakers and made out of a stiff material like HDF, so the sound will not colored to much.

Flat response full Range, yes

WaltK

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be taking a JMD50 head to the store with me to try that out....if it works, then the CODE will be coming home with me :yesway:

If you do, please post your results. I'm thinking of doing this exact same thing with my JMD.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Had a chance to go through the video, mostly. I really like it! I see the foot controller on their website. Wonder the ease of changing sounds, etc. Any pics of the footswitch? If it's this good in person and that reasonably priced, I may ditch the 40C for this little bugger!

Silverburst

Reaction score
At this price point, it is simple for me:

Marshall is planting seeds in young/amateur/starting players that they might loose to other brands. Sooner or later the target will decide which model in the Code he or she likes most and buy the real deal, the expensive Marshall he or she cannot aford yet.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
found a little bit of info about the footswitch on a uk website:
he Marshall Pedl-91009 was designed to accompany the new range of Marshal CODE amplifiers, the Pedl-91009 allows full control by assigning up to 30 presets or control panel functions.