New York City impressions

• Thread starter VintageGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I've only been to NYC once before. It was fun. Just spent a couple days there with a friend in Brooklyn, and we did some of the touristy stuff as well.

I prefer Chicago, but that's mostly because it's closer, and I know how to get around. I feel like you could spend an entire week in New York just doing touristy stuff and still not get around to seeing some of the great parts of the city. I feel like it's easier to get a little of everything with Chicago.

HeydudeitsDanny

Reaction score
Wow really... nice to hear this as New Yorkers are generally some of the biggest assholes in this country. Heck you were probably asking questions around happy hour.

Are you sure they were girls?? Some New York chicks have a dick. Just saying.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

btw, i went there, and IMO, it's not that great of a place..vegas, on the other hand...OMG! seemed as if i was in another world!

JayCM800

Reaction score
I hate Las Vegas! Destination of choice for "the People of Walmart"!

New York's alright... if you like saxophones! LOL :lol:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJmF1Lo5fU&feature=related"]FEAR - new yorks alright if you like saxophones ( lyrics ) - YouTube[/ame]
New York's alright if you wanna be pushed in front of the subway!
New York's alright if you like tuberculosis!
New York's alright if you like art and jazz!
New York's alright if you're a homosexual!

New York's alright,
if you like saxophones

New York's alright if you like drunks in your doorway!
New York's alright if you wanna freeze to death!
New York's alright if you wanna get mugged or murdered!
New York's alright if you like saxophones!

VintageGuy

Reaction score
Hey!!!!It was my first time in the states and its only natural for me to be THAT impressed!

Username2

Reaction score
I hate Las Vegas! Destination of choice for "the People of Walmart"! !

Ding ding ding, me and JCM800 agree on something. Vegas might be cool if you have not been there before but I am with you, fucking dump.

I used to love Vegas back in the 80s and even in the 90s, had some great times and used to go about every month (The Trop was my second home). But Vegas has changed big time from what it once was. Shit there is not even a place to sit down unless its a card table of slot.

A big tell of Las Vegas is watching the people when they get off flights at the airport "Whooo Hooo Vegas BABY" Then look at these guys waiting for their flight to go home, its like Fuck it man, I haven't slept in 3 days, I am broke as shit, I ran up my cards, and got my ass kicked.

Clammy

Reaction score
Ding ding ding, me and JCM800 agree on something. Vegas might be cool if you have not been there before but I am with you, fucking dump.

I used to love Vegas back in the 80s and even in the 90s, had some great times and used to go about every month (The Trop was my second home). But Vegas has changed big time from what it once was. Shit there is not even a place to sit down unless its a card table of slot.

A big tell of Las Vegas is watching the people when they get off flights at the airport "Whooo Hooo Vegas BABY" Then look at these guys waiting for their flight to go home, its like Fuck it man, I haven't slept in 3 days, I am broke as shit, I ran up my cards, and got my ass kicked.

When I'm in Vegas, I like going to The Gun Store and shooting full autos there. Gambling's not really my thing. ;)

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Shoulda gone to Chicago. Just as much coolness, and the people are far nicer.
Even the crackheads are nice!

The first time I ever actually spent some time there other than on a family vacation was when I was 19, and I had gotten hammered at a bar, since I was so excited just to be in a bar. :lol: Then, I decided it was a good idea to give myself a tour of the city at 2am on a Wednesday before going back to my hotel. Somehow, I ended up wandering around an alley, and this guy came out of nowhere and asked me if he could help me. I gave him $5, and he told me exactly where to go.

To this day, I'm still shocked I didn't get stabbed or something.

Adwex

Reaction score
NYC is the center of the world for art, music, food, fashion, finance, museums, culture, etc.
THAT's what I mean when I said it's the greatest city in the world.

Vegas? I don't think so.

Jack92CH

Reaction score
NYC is the center of the world for art, music, food, fashion, finance, museums, culture, etc.
THAT's what I mean when I said it's the greatest city in the world.

Vegas? I don't think so.

Vegas is definitely more of a vacation city. Plus there's awesome stuff not too far from it. Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam/Lake Mead...

Grand Canyon is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Someone who'd suggest Vegas over NYC is the same type of person who'd ask a NY'er for directions on how to get to a city in Texas (the NY'ers among us should get this joke!) ... point being, you don't even know enough about the city to bash it to begin with.

Here's a suggestion to the tourists who didn't find NYC stimulating enough, and feel the need to talk about how 'lame' it is - next time you're in town, stop dining at the Olive Garden or Red Lobster in Times Square (just because they represent 'fine dining' in your hometown, doesn't mean they do here), and get out and enjoy what the city has to offer other than tourist traps. We have a lot more to offer than "I Love NY" t-shirts to stuff in your fanny packs (oh, and please leave those at home as well!).

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
I really don't want to hijack your awsome thread, Vintage guy, but I'd love to visit the USA but I'm not shure where to go, LA, NY, Nashville, Chicago, Vegas?

Adwex

Reaction score
I really don't want to hijack your awsome thread, Vintage guy, but I'd love to visit the USA but I'm not shure where to go, LA, NY, Nashville, Chicago, Vegas?

That depends on what you're looking for, and how much time you have.

Forget LA.

Adwex

Reaction score
I've only been to NYC once before. It was fun. Just spent a couple days there with a friend in Brooklyn, and we did some of the touristy stuff as well.

I prefer Chicago, but that's mostly because it's closer, and I know how to get around. I feel like you could spend an entire week in New York just doing touristy stuff and still not get around to seeing some of the great parts of the city. I feel like it's easier to get a little of everything with Chicago.

I've never been to Chicago, but you're right, a week is not enough time to fully experience NYC. You gotta go to a museum, the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square, a Broadway show, Wall St. area, World Trade Center, hit a few clubs, check out some live music, eat in a few good restaurants, Chinatown, Greenwich Village, SoHo, walk around alot, etc. There's just too much.

Latest posts