New York City

• Thread starter Feeling Supersonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
Super,

Here's a few pics, Empire State Building from my office and Broadway facing Times Square.

Attachments

• P1161097.jpg
    P1161097.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PC161090.jpg
    PC161090.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PC161092.jpg
    PC161092.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8

Frodebro

Reaction score
come to the west coast...Its nothing like London....or New York

The Pacific Northwest is nothing like Southern California, either. I have been to L.A. dozens of times over the years, and it's always a culture shock.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
Super, NYC does not really typify the typical American city. The places you visited are very famous and see LOTS of tourists, so they tend to cater to them. Driving just a few miles away from Times Square would probably have given you a more "typical" American experience. I suspect the hot spots in London, or any major city for that matter, are very "touristy" and not representative of the nation as a whole. The places you visited are "must see" places for anyone coming to NYC, but I wouldn't expect to get a real feel for the way of life of the country at these spots. In my experience, most real locals in any city are welcoming. The ones that move there just to work and capitalize on tourism may not be so welcoming...cuz they're generally not from there.

Swede

Reaction score
Super, NYC does not really typify the typical American city. The places you visited are very famous and see LOTS of tourists, so they tend to cater to them. Driving just a few miles away from Times Square would probably have given you a more "typical" American experience. I suspect the hot spots in London, or any major city for that matter, are very "touristy" and not representative of the nation as a whole. The places you visited are "must see" places for anyone coming to NYC, but I wouldn't expect to get a real feel for the way of life of the country at these spots. In my experience, most real locals in any city are welcoming. The ones that move there just to work and capitalize on tourism may not be so welcoming...cuz they're generally not from there.

True that.....Nobody that lives in LA goes to Hollywood Blvd, just like the locals in Vegas dont frequent The Strip too much....Probably the same in all major cities.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
You visited the most international / ethnically diverse city in the world, so what did you expect? NYC isn't for everyone, but I'm happy to read that you did get some enjoyment out of your trip. I agree that Brooklyn Lager is a great beer, and I usually get one if it's available. Well, either that or a Corona, but that's probably because I'm influenced by all of the damn Mexicans around here*.

* um, this is a joke.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
Colorado. You must visit Colorado. The most beautiful state in the union by far. Really good people. Especially in the western and southwestern part of the state.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
all of the above.lol

some nice places to visit in America-

Texas-all of it. probably only take you 6 months if you're quick about itin a hurry.lol

Montana/Wyoming- it's big & still wild for the most part.

Kentucky-the bourbon trail & the caves.

Louisiana-but not New Orleans,get way down into the Delta & the bayous for some of the best food in the world,nice people, and great scenery.

Minnesota/Wisconsin/Northern Michigan- in the wintertime. it's an adventure.

Hawaii-outer islands,NOT WAIKIKI.

Tennessee/Kentucky/West Virginia/North Carolina "4 corners region"-mountains,moonshine,old coal towns,& the architecture.

the Gulf Coast- roadtrip from Florida to the South Texas/Mexico border. food,beaches,bikinis,& beer.:yesway:

* but no matter where you go in the USA you will find Mexicans and Central Americans.they're the labor who power this country and that's just a fact.

clutch71

Reaction score

No place in America does. You have to get out there and experience it. Super's experience would have been radically different if he landed in LA, Boston, San Antonio, or Columbus.

Personally I like New York city but every trip I had a great guide. So yeah we did the usual touristy stuff but we also hit things that were off the beaten path.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
you didn't go to Katz's Deli & fake an orgasm? :applause:

When-Harry-Met-Sally.jpg

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
You visited the most international / ethnically diverse city in the world, so what did you expect? NYC isn't for everyone, but I'm happy to read that you did get some enjoyment out of your trip. I agree that Brooklyn Lager is a great beer, and I usually get one if it's available. Well, either that or a Corona, but that's probably because I'm influenced by all of the damn Mexicans around here*.

* um, this is a joke.

:lol:

I expected a little more American people that's all.

Is that odd considering I was in America? :ugh: :scratch:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
:lol:

I expected a little more American people that's all.

Is that odd considering I was in America? :ugh: :scratch:

It really just depends on where you are and what kind of encounters you are having. You went to a lot of tourist spots which will of course bring in people from all over the world, and as you noted, a lot of the service industry jobs are handled by foreign workers as well. It's not that Americans don't live here so much as it sounds like your activities were more centered around places where you are likely to find a higher percentage of foreigners.

keennay

Reaction score
Next time you return to America, be sure to rent a car! Outside of NYC and a few other cities in the US, we don't have such a vast public transit system as most of Western Europe does, which is a shame IMO.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
Last time I was in London it was 80% Indian (as in India) population, and the rest arabs?:wave:

Yeah, I totally agree, immigration is a shambles in England and it's reaching braking point.

Pretty much the main political discussion right now in the UK is immigration.

So much so that each party are tailoring their policies to gain voters in May.

Mass immigration has ruined much of London.

Even the ownership of such landmarks like Canary Warf which is owned by Saudi's and much is owned by the Chinese and Russians.

Oh well, bring on the social war, disruptions and riots.

It will happen.

Latest posts