NGD Gibson 50's LP Standard Baccy Burst

• Thread starter RCM 800
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCM 800

Reaction score
Been on the lookout for several years for a standard that met all my criteria and had pretty much given up until my sweetwater rep texted me about another thing and I stumbled onto this one on their site. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. 50's neck, under 9lb, gloss paint (I hate aged and VOS finishes), wonderful top to my eye. Not sure about the electronics yet but Im gonna give them a fair shot before I hack into it. Their photos made it look almost like a black color (kinda like a 50's strat burst) but it is much lighter in color than the sales photos showed which is good and what I was hoping for. Its got good sustain and chime and plays like butter. Im a happy F'ing camper right now though my bank account is sad lol.
signal-2023-02-22-212552_002.jpegsignal-2023-02-22-212552_003.jpegsignal-2023-02-22-212552_004.jpeg

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Been on the lookout for several years for a standard that met all my criteria and had pretty much given up until my sweetwater rep texted me about another thing and I stumbled onto this one on their site. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. 50's neck, under 9lb, gloss paint (I hate aged and VOS finishes), wonderful top to my eye. Not sure about the electronics yet but Im gonna give them a fair shot before I hack into it. Their photos made it look almost like a black color (kinda like a 50's strat burst) but it is much lighter in color than the sales photos showed which is good and what I was hoping for. Its got good sustain and chime and plays like butter. Im a happy F'ing camper right now though my bank account is sad lol.
View attachment 125813View attachment 125814View attachment 125815
Gorgeous! Happy NGD!

El Gringo

Reaction score
View attachment 125813View attachment 125814View attachment 125815
Super congrats on a Fine figured top Les Paul. Rock out and have tons of fun :headbanger:

RCM 800

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to sit down and really play the new Standard. Great sustain. Does the mid gain thing really great. Rolling off the volumes seems to work ok but Im wondering if switching it to 50s wiring might make it brighter when you roll off? Jammed to some Allmans and Govt Mule and its perfect for the southern rock and blues that I mostly play anymore. I kinda like some of the little apointments they added like ditching the nashville bridge for the ABR1 and adding the little pointers for the knobs and actual solid not weight relieved or chambered body. They also put decent strap buttons on them now but its gonna get strap locks anyways. The neck is nice I really like the shape almost the same as my R7. Came with a blank nut cover in the case and Im gonna probably put it on there when I change strings. Very happy with it. I think its a keeper. Might have to retract some of the shit Ive been talking about Gibson the last couple years lol. They still need to fire that idiot Mark Agn-ass-i though :)

Latest posts