NGD Gibson LP Special TV Yellow

• Thread starter jcm800gridlock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Don’t know what draws me to these Special’s I’ve owned two Double Cuts and this is my second newest version of the Special (maybe a more accurate version of the originals).

I do prefer Humbucker’s over P90’s, probably a factor in why I sold my last three Specials.

Anyway, I just love the TV Yellow color and the very big ‘50’s necks on these newer guitars.

I sold my last 2019 TV Yellow Special in a trade for a Custom Shop Les Paul. That CS guitar is now long gone, and I regretted selling the Special.

I picked up this brand new LP Special yesterday at a big annual sale at a great local Guitar Store.

Plugged the Special into my Marshall 2187 and I couldn’t resist playing the opening riff to, “Mississippi Queen”.

IMG_0635.jpegIMG_0628.jpegIMG_0630.jpegIMG_0632.jpeg

Last edited:

dandemay

Reaction score
Hands down my #1 since the day I got it is a 2005(?) Gibson LP Special double cut with the worn TV Yellow finish my mom gave me as a graduation present. P90s in an LP into a Marshall is (to my taste) hands down the best guitar sound you can make. Happy NGD!

Reaction score
Don’t know what draws me to these Special’s I’ve owned two Double Cuts and this is my second newest version of the Special (maybe a more accurate version of the originals).

I do prefer Humbucker’s over P90’s, probably a factor in why I sold my last three Specials.

Anyway, I just love the TV Yellow color and the very big ‘50’s necks on these newer guitars.

I sold my last 2019 TV Yellow Special in a trade for a Custom Shop Les Paul. That CS guitar is now long gone, and I regretted selling the Special.

I picked up this brand new LP Special yesterday at a big annual sale at a great local Guitar Store.

Plugged the Special into my Marshall 2187 and I couldn’t resist playing the opening riff to, “Mississippi Queen”.

View attachment 135652View attachment 135653View attachment 135654View attachment 135655
My next guitar will be a double cut single P-90, in TV Yellow, yeah I'm a Johnny Thunders, fan. Sweet axe Congrats.

Benny

Reaction score

View attachment 135652View attachment 135653View attachment 135654View attachment 135655
Get one of each ...

Attachments

• One_of_each.jpg
    One_of_each.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 6

Arrested Dev

Reaction score
HND.

Just wanted to add another huge vote for TV Yellow. If I could have found a Gibson Double Cut, Single P90 in TV Yellow I would not have gotten my Eastman SB55v-DC. I also need to agree with an earlier comment and say a P90 into low/medium gained up Marshall is just the definition of joy.