NGD - Les Paul Std 60s Unburst, Finally

• Thread starter bhatta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Love the neck, nearly 2 hrs of playing yesterday but no left hand fatigue.

It weighs about 11.5 pound , the 5+ kg guitar didn't feel heavy on the shoulders , maybe it's just adrenaline. I am used to heavy guitars, that might help.

@Marshall Stack , truthfully, didn't even know plain/unburst model exists other than goldtop or TV yellow. Had to look it up once I found that's the only choice I have.

But now that it's here, I like it, kinda Gretsch orange vibe going around the corner with the finish. Cool.
I have a Gretsch streamliner and always eyed the orange ones, so nothing to complain from my side.

@Jethro Rocker , my Hercules Travlite GS302B is supposed to be foam. Gotta check more.

Thanks everyone and cheers
Even though I'm on my 3rd Les Paul, I'm really a Strat guy and am still learning abut Les Pauls.
Screenshot_20231211_074258_Brave.jpg

bhatta

Reaction score
Even though I'm on my 3rd Les Paul, I'm really a Strat guy and am still learning abut Les Pauls.
View attachment 141570
Wow! Didn't have a clue...
I never paid much attention to these details, to me all are instruments, if you know what I mean...

Thanks for sharing this, I will treasure it a little more 💗

Cheers

El Gringo

Reaction score
Alrighty, been in touch with all people who can say Gibson. In India, we can't try it before buying. The box is imported, you get to play it if you pay first.
Bought unseen, online, unplayed.

Took Big Guys name, pressed the Buy button, trusted the brand and waited for 8 days.

Came in yesterday, didn't get anytime with it plugged in last night. Acoustically, the guitar sings. It's loud if you pluck the strings and sweet
Matches it's color.
Only color available here.
Maybe only piece available here, it's no longer listed.
23 import of Oct 22 make.
Just so you understand the market here providing these details.

I am blown away by it

Y'all have played many there's nothing I can add, it's really the stuff of a wee boys dream.

Leaving some pictures here.

View attachment 141513
View attachment 141514
View attachment 141515
View attachment 141516
View attachment 141517

Speechless.
Nothing to complain.
Just need to play! More... A lot more ...
What do I care what other people think!

Gibson rocks

Cheers
Bravo and very awesome . What a beautiful Les Paul ! Big time ! Love the color and figure . Very Beautiful I must say , also I never have the pickguard on . Rock out and play her in great health !

mojodelic

Reaction score
Congratulations, beautiful! I have a Bourbon Burst in the same series. Don't drop or sell it & it'll give you many years of enjoyment!

guitronics

Reaction score
Congrats on that very nice LP! Glad things worked out well, and that it matches your expectations. It's a very special feeling first time opening up that Gibson box.

Word of advice (unless you already know): Get a guitar stand that's safe with nitrocellulose paint! Otherwise you will get marks quite quickly in the finish. Same with clip-on tuners.

Some fretboard oil on that fretboard when you change strings will make it look a bit darker. I like the finish on the top, and the grain.

Hope you get a lot of time playing this beauty!
I agree about the stand. I'd get some "Unfinished" (Uncolored) raw Leather, and "Sew" it together, slip it over those arm pads. I messed up a mid 70's headstock by "Hanging" it on a plastic foam covered stand. Never again!

bhatta

Reaction score
Bravo and very awesome . What a beautiful Les Paul ! Big time ! Love the color and figure . Very Beautiful I must say , also I never have the pickguard on . Rock out and play her in great health !
Thank you.
I never like the pickguard, gets in way of resting my pinky and I don't mind about scratches I make, they make it mine !

Cheers

bhatta

Reaction score
I agree about the stand. I'd get some "Unfinished" (Uncolored) raw Leather, and "Sew" it together, slip it over those arm pads. I messed up a mid 70's headstock by "Hanging" it on a plastic foam covered stand. Never again!

As of now, I am putting it back in its case when I am done playing.
We have year round humidity of about 80% with max at 95+%

So, i think I will stick with putting it in the case.
But yes, I gotta check out stands and maybe will buy a new Hercules. Great idea about wrapping in raw leather, thanks for sharing.
I will go that route 👍

Cheers

Sustainium

Reaction score

Kuga

Reaction score
HNGD! Congrats! Looks really nice. Love this finish. Enjoy It.

Kuga

Reaction score
Get the pickguard back on it if you want the best tone.
I don't think so my friend. You know I don't like It. But I'm glad some other people don't like It too. There is no physical explanation showing a poorly installed piece of plastic like these LP pickguards can improve tone. :yesway:

Latest posts