Now I have a blue one....

• Thread starter duncan11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

duncan11

Reaction score
To add to the stable-

kNKEgmz.jpg

YVz2xKg.jpg

y0z8VPJ.jpg

I've never had a Blue les paul, always loved the way some good figured tops look in blue. Spied on on sale locally, and did a further deal on it. Leftover '13 tradaditional so they were priced to move out! One piece back, no weight relief like I'm use to with my Custom Shop historic/CC's I get.

It could easily become my #3 player it has a great neck, not overly fat like a lot of the trads tend to be. I'm toying with swapping out the brdige pu for my old 91 490T which I still have from my old long gone 91 ebony studio. It has 57 classics in it now, they're a bit less full, but they do excel in high gain situation. This one sounds best thru the AFD, on the YJM I need to engage the on board boost as well as my EP for it to sound the best. Plays very well I must say, I was taken totally by surprise when I was thinking of getting just a piece of wall candy for a blue one to play occasionally. This ones has a lot of potential.

SeanMichael

Reaction score
Nice! Very good looking guitfiddle you got there.

Ill have to agree with you on the blue finishes. I've always thought that blue was a very sexy color for a guitar.

duncan11

Reaction score
Beautiful. Drop-dead artwurk. I like that you kept the pickguard on too. :)

Only one of mine is sans pick guard, my 2008 slash vos. My old R9 Siberian tiger didn't have one installed from cs but did include it, not that i put it on! This pg will stay, I like the creme contrast with the blue.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Can't beat a LP of any color!:yesway:
I picked up a 2013 Traditional on clearance as well, (caramel burst) and I love it. My new #1 player. Didn't think I'd like the 50's neck, but it feels just right for a good heavy Les Paul.

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Normally not big on less common Les Paul finishes, but that looks great!

BobV

Reaction score
When did they start saying that the Traditional has "no" weight relief? I thought they had the 8-hole swiss-cheese weight relief from the early eighties, as opposed to the insanely light chambered standards of 2008-2012? the latest Standards have a new CNC chambering system but it's far from solid.

duncan11

Reaction score
When did they start saying that the Traditional has "no" weight relief? I thought they had the 8-hole swiss-cheese weight relief from the early eighties, as opposed to the insanely light chambered standards of 2008-2012? the latest Standards have a new CNC chambering system but it's far from solid.

In 2013 they tried to up the ante of the Traditional line, so they offered one piece solid backs, with NO weight relief as opposed to the traditional 9 hole (swiss cheese) weight relief. Standards and studios are still chambered, and in 2012 they introduced 'modern weight relief' which looks like a hybrid of chambering and swiss cheesing. The USA trads may not get the prime cut woods but at least for 2013, they all supposedly used solid, non-weight relieved mahogany. It's by far no CS quality but it's not bad and I dig it. There is a noticeable difference in the tone this has vs. the CS historics, that is for sure.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
wow , you "got gear". I like that color of course my Dean V is blue !