NPD

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Eventide H9...

B73I5000 copy.jpg

been trying it out, w/ just the Hamer plugged straight in to the Neve console & it's a beast! Some killer tones in this thing. I haven't tried it on the amp through the loop, but, this might be mainly for an after effects. Maybe this is more of a recording/live sound, but, it is a pedal...

Just running through whatever is preset into it, as I got it. I got it used from a guy, who was planning a world tour, then got injured, in an accident, then covid hit. He used it for rehearsals, but the tour never got off the ground.

He said it's too complicated for him, as his sound guy was in charge of running his effects for him...

I went through all the 99 setups that are currently in it, but have only touched the surface of what it has to offer.

jeffp

Reaction score
i hear it’s awesome! i have the individual eventide pitch,chorus,delay and reverb. not even finished the set up yet but can’t wait ! Thought hard about the H9 but i’m just don’t know much on programming . I like the simplicity of knobs? Let us know how you like it 👍 Eventide

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
so far, it's a keeper! :)...

seriously, I settled on a handful of instantly awesome setups. I now have it in my effects loop & played a couple hours after I posted this. I tried a few of them, w/ the amp, which, I'm running in mono, so, the effect isn't as articulate, but the 1st couple didn't quite suit me, but, then I set it to a tape echo/reverb & it sits just right, w/o any adjustment.

Playing, just on that one preset, I can hear, Judas Priest, to Jimmy Page sounds. I know that ShowCo used Eventide & were top-line sound production of the day...

I would do a recording, but, the neighbor has been jackhammering right outside my window all day. I guess he's removing his driveway & patio...

jeffp

Reaction score
so far, it's a keeper! :)...

seriously, I settled on a handful of instantly awesome setups. I now have it in my effects loop & played a couple hours after I posted this. I tried a few of them, w/ the amp, which, I'm running in mono, so, the effect isn't as articulate, but the 1st couple didn't quite suit me, but, then I set it to a tape echo/reverb & it sits just right, w/o any adjustment.

Playing, just on that one preset, I can hear, Judas Priest, to Jimmy Page sounds. I know that ShowCo used Eventide & were top-line sound production of the day...

I would do a recording, but, the neighbor has been jackhammering right outside my window all day. I guess he's removing his driveway & patio...
might be a good way to get back at him!? crank it up!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
might be a good way to get back at him!? crank it up!
I did attempt to do a recording, but... my playing went to 💩 💩 💩 , as soon as I hit record...

My fingers were sore, & my inspiration was down.... well, as soon as I'd start playing something, that I played flawlessly, just an hour, or 2 earlier, I couldn't play through w/o flubbing... :facepalm:

funny how that goes, if I would have only hit record, to begin w/... One thing, when I put it in the loop, I also added the secret pre, in the loop. That wasn't adding to the magic (actually made it sound plasticky), so, I removed it...

LyseFar

Reaction score
Congrats - great pedal. A classic.
The H9 does not always behaves well in “hot” effect loops. So keep an eye on the levels. It might peak. It was designed for instrument level signal to be in front of the amp.
That said I have used mine in the loop plenty of times with no problems. :)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Congrats - great pedal. A classic.
The H9 does not always behaves well in “hot” effect loops. So keep an eye on the levels. It might peak. It was designed for instrument level signal to be in front of the amp.
That said I have used mine in the loop plenty of times with no problems. :)
seems to be fine, in my hot-rodded SC20 loop...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
so, I bought it from a guy, who had it loaded w/ some custom settings. He sold it, as a H9 CORE model, but, it was loaded w/ H9 MAX algorithms.

I wanted to possibly just upgrade it to MAX, so, it would be an official MAX unit.

Of course, they have licensing & registration / authorizing, etc. It was still licensed to him, or... his tech. I contacted him, because it wouldn't let me do anything w/ it, on the Eventide website. I wanted it registered in my name anyway.

So, I contacted him, he called his guy & got it de-authorized, I was able to register / authorize it. It was quite a few updates behind, do I updated it. I saved the presets, but it wiped the unit clean.

That's fine though, I can make my own from the many presets. I also did the MAX Out Upgrade, so, it has everything to choose from & all updates are free for life...

But, I lost the initial patches I was using & will have to go through everything & find my sounds.

Today, after all the updating, I decided to hook up the violin through it... badass!

Now, if I only could play it for anything, I could get some badass recordings. I'll have to up my game on that quick!