O.D boost for JVM

• Thread starter Lukas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lukas

Reaction score
Anyone using an O.D Boost pedal on a JVM? This has probably been discussed but really what hasn’t on here? Now that this amp has been out for 12 plus years just curios on what guys are using. I rented a Boss SD1 today from my local guitar shop & tried it for a couple hrs and I think I’ll just not return it and they can bill me for it. Seems to be the last tone shaping tool the O.D channel needed, sounds amazing and lacking without now. I know this amp has more gain than one would ever need blahhh blahhh…. But it’s not really used for that in this case, the drive is at 0 and level almost full and tone at noon. Adds sizzle and just tightens things right up, hard to explain. I had to back off the gain on the amp slightly but wow like i said, the last piece of the puzzle. With this and a 10 band eq in the loop it’s amazing.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Real close to the setup I had prior to the Helix days.

SD1 is great pushing the front end, and yep, 10-band in loop is nice too. Solid choices, I‘d say.

dsn716

Reaction score
I’ve always been a big fan of the boss OD3 as a lead boost out in front
Level on 10, drive and tone on 0.