OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fast98dodge

Reaction score
Wake up people, it's a cash grab...

There may be a little badge or a fancy looking certificate that comes with the "anniversary" model, but a company like Marshall would never spend the money on R&D and development of a bunch of small amps if they didn't intend on selling more than 150 of each unit with or without a stupid badge saying it's limited.

If a company like Marshall was going to spend a lot of money to come out with something so limited and not thinking about a big number of sales down the road of these products, they are not planning on staying in business very much longer.

If you can score one with the fancy badge or whatever extra swag they throw at ya, great. But, I'm pretty confident one will be able to get the same amp soon after without the cheesy crap that comes with it...

Ken

Reaction score
At this point I think we all need to relax and enjoy the ride.

I'm never more relaxed than when I'm looking at cool new Marshalls and speculating on what the details will be. I'm glad those pics leaked because now I'm enjoying being excited about what the details will be, and posting my opinions. Plus I might get a jump on the unwashed masses on getting one since I know they're coming. :headbanger:

Ken

Ken

Reaction score
th
the YJM is out for a year now... and they're still being made... remember:1500 units worldwide...
that's the same amount as the 1 watt amps being made for the US only

My local G/C said yesterday that they still can't get any YJM amps. And that's 1500 units...but of course I could buy one on line from various sources if I wanted to. I have a hunch these 1 watt amps will be like getting Cubs playoff tickets (when they are in them): Easy if you overspend but impossible if you want to pay list.

Ken

brp

Reaction score
Agreed, Ken.

I also agree that the 1 watters are likely to become regular production units down the road.
The rumored statement did say only available in 2012 but they could get around that by saying only the 50th anniv. marked ones were in 2012, "regular" ones after that, or just changing the names and feature set slightly. There will be some regular 1 watt offered, I'm sure.

blackie2

Reaction score
Just had to say that the best way to create future sales is to create buzz about a product, throw out a few trial balloons to see if they'll catch on, and then wait a little while for the faithful sheep to follow.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Marshall will make enough of everything to cover demand,no offence but you'll end up making each other panic buy!
"There's 150 going to that shop"
"NO! There's 150 coming to America"
"NOOOO! There's only 150 worldwide!!!!"
Seriously it's a factory,X150 1 watters isn't worth turning the electric on!
Also I've been on this forum a while & I have to ask,are you lot REALLY wanting buy a load of 1 watters?!
I'm quite sure some 100 watt behemoth will be unveiled which you'll all be gassing for,leaving these poor little 1 watters on the shelves homeless!
Honestly chill! You can still buy brand new RR's heads & that's been out AGES!

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
I might hold you to that when they unleash the full size ones Ken:lol:

1 watt,1 wah....oh that's old news :lol::lol:

Yeah! Leave the baby ones for the low budget people and people with no need for a huge amp!
After all,your playing is what really matters!
preview_JCM-1.jpg

And I will have my JCM800-1:cool:

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
My local G/C said yesterday that they still can't get any YJM amps. And that's 1500 units...but of course I could buy one on line from various sources if I wanted to. I have a hunch these 1 watt amps will be like getting Cubs playoff tickets (when they are in them): Easy if you overspend but impossible if you want to pay list.

Ken

i believe i told you already on another topic; take everything GC says to you with a very large grain of salt...
anyway, i've seen the chassis, face panels, circuit boards and the boxes ready for shipment myself 2 weeks ago... YJM's are still in production :)

marshall doesn't massproduce and then hope the stockpile will eventually sell, they manufacture on demand... so they make what is being ordered... it's not the other way around

when i was there, i was expecting a full automated process, where amps were being massproduced... believe me, i was way wrong... they simplified a big part of it, by using sophisticated boards, being inserted with components by machines, but that's pretty much it... JVM's are being assembled in the same line as the reissue's and the handwired units... each and every amp is then tested by someone plugging a guitar in and turning all the knobs, before it'll be boxed...
i'd recommend anyone into marshalls to do a factory tour once in his lifetime...:)

brp

Reaction score
YES! Or at least one.

Ken

Definitely one here at the right price, maybe 2.
I already own a sub 1 watter and a 15 watter, all tube amps.

I've no need for a 100 watt amp. There's a big market for the low watt amps and everyone else is making them for a reason.

Jason77

Reaction score
I don't know... I think they would be fun to play around with once at the store but that's where my interest ends. 1 watt amps are just impractical for me and I can't see spending that kind of money on a novelty. Looking forward to the "big reveal", whenever that will be.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they're a brilliant idea,but I think a few people on here are working themselves into a 1 watt 50th frenzy in anticipation for the 'The Monster!' lol

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
Am telling ya,this amps MUST NOT BE 50TH ANNs,And if they are,marshall CEOs/Jim and everyone there is really stupid!

hbach

Reaction score
I think the production numbers are not that low at all. Even though it's rumor let's assume the 500 units per type worldwide. That's already 2500 amps. Not everybody will want one of each and everybody here probably has a favorite already. With production and all that's probably more what the market can handle in one year, specially considering the staggered introduction. And the powers that be will know what type of one watter is the bees knees and which one is only so so.

So can someone do Marshall a favor after we were so mean as to ogle at their privates (pictures that is) and put up a poll of which new onesy each of us wants?

Ken

Reaction score
I think they're a brilliant idea,but I think a few people on here are working themselves into a 1 watt 50th frenzy in anticipation for the 'The Monster!' lol

When I was a kid in the 1970's I would turn old transistor radios into mini amps. Mostly by trial and error on how to disconnect the tuner and where to put the guitar jack in. I lusted after the Pignose...

So I suppose it's in my blood. I have 2 mini amps now, but a tube 1 watt Marshall would really float my boat. I would NEVER buy a 100 watt special edition amp new. Waste of money to me. I'd buy a Jube used though if the price was right.

Ken

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
I think the production numbers are not that low at all. Even though it's rumor let's assume the 500 units per type worldwide. That's already 2500 amps. Not everybody will want one of each and everybody here probably has a favorite already. With production and all that's probably more what the market can handle in one year, specially considering the staggered introduction. And the powers that be will know what type of one watter is the bees knees and which one is only so so.

So can someone do Marshall a favor after we were so mean as to ogle at their privates (pictures that is) and put up a poll of which new onesy each of us wants?
Which one do u want!?

Username2

Reaction score
I would like all 5 combos, should hold their value as a complete set.

hbach

Reaction score
I'm between the JMP and the JCM. Probably the JCM, low volume always calls for a bit more gain I think.

Latest posts