OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drewz120

Reaction score
The celebration lasts the entire year. Think of it as a rock concert. When are the best songs played.

Ga damn you NUKE, hear you go again getting me pumped up. I know you know all the dirty little secrets.. Just busting balls

plexilespaul

Reaction score
Regarding the price we want quality. Poeple will pay good money for a good built tube amp. Then you have to decide what is a good all around price. i think 600 $ will be a good price more or less...affordable on the one hand and a price margin large enough on the other hand, for marshall building a nice well built mini tube amp.
That said i think we are letting our imagination run a little wild on this one.These are only pictures....i think one should wait and see the built quality of these amps.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Regarding the price we want quality. Poeple will pay good money for a good built tube amp. Then you have to decide what is a good all around price. i think 600 $ will be a good price more or less...affordable on the one hand and a price margin large enough on the other hand, for marshall building a nice well built mini tube amp.
That said i think we are letting our imagination run a little wild on this one.These are only pictures....i think one should wait and see the built quality of these amps.

it seems they're made in the UK... what do you expect? handwired? :lol:

daku

Reaction score
It would be nice if these were variations on the Class 5

Based on el 84s

desye

Reaction score
shoot me down for this but why the fuck are people arguing over these things calling people out an shit giving each other shit etc shouldnt we all just be enjoying the fact that marshall are gonna release some cool little amps and poss some others we are not aware about where is the love people we are all brothers here so stop fucking bitching like school girls
rant over peace :D

wanky

Reaction score
its hilarious how all of us guessed it would a 100watt amp then it turns out to be 1w baby amps.

i just hope they actually sound close to their parent amps, if they were really close, theyd be best recording/practice money could buy.

Duppy

Reaction score
I would be stoked if they released a 2555, especially if it was more affordable than buying a current used one and it has an EPA control.

And lets not forget that Marshall are celebrating "50 YEARS OF LOUD", they're not going to stop at a series of 1 watt amps. Think of them as a starter course to the main.

plexilespaul

Reaction score
it seems they're made in the UK... what do you expect? handwired? :lol:
well not handwired but a quality duplication of the parent amp...
for example an all tube preamp path of the jcm800 circuit with different tube configuration for the power stage...is that too much to ask? :cool:

drivers1

Reaction score
I hope a line of toy amps isn't their best effort for the 50th.

i agree.........i'm disappointed if its true, for the 50th i would have thought they would have had something different that 1 watters.. i know they sound cool and all but 1 watt isn't enough power to be useful in any type of club/gigging scenario.

Duppy

Reaction score
Like I said they're celebrating "50 YEARS OF LOUD". Marshall won't stop at 1 watts.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
well not handwired but a quality duplication of the parent amp...
for example an all tube preamp path of the jcm800 circuit with different tube configuration for the power stage...is that too much to ask? :cool:

the JTM, JMP and 2203 circuits are pretty straightforward, so i'd say that wouldn't be too much to ask... but then i wonder how they pulled of the DSL en JVM then...
we'll have to wait anyway... i'd sure like to have them all, though :)

Username2

Reaction score
Some thoughts on the 50th countdown clock and what is coming. While I have no solid information the bits I do know make me think that this is going to be a year we will all remember for the awesome amps that Marshall offered.

The countdown clock was never meant to hit zero then a Golden Jubilee appear with all the details. It was simply put there as a reminder that 2012 will mark Marshalls 50th anniversary, 50 years of loud. I think it just seemed logical to most of us that that clock would introduce the new amps and disappointment set in when it didn't.

I think there are many amps coming this year, it is my feeling (only a guess) that we will see a new range, some very limited edition models, and then sometime during the year the big Kahuna, the 50th Anniversary amp itself.

We already have seen some of the commemorative amps with the leak of the 1 watt amps. It is really a shame the pictures were released without Marshalls permission. If I do say so myself they look awesome. Knowing the talent over there perhaps they finally found a way to give us that Marshall roar in our homes and studios. Might there be big brothers to all those? We will have to wait and see. There has been evidence of a Satch modified JVM, and rumors by Slash himself about a low watt AFD. Having said that it would not seem logical to introduce all these new products at one time. Not only would production not be ready but from a business stand point Marshall would shoot themselves in the foot by releasing all this at one time.

2012 celebration is a year long party, not just January 1st. If Marshall would have told us everything on this day the party would be over. Lets have a little faith in what their doing, I know for a fact they are listening to us, We don't all understand the business side with the worldwide distribution that has to happen. I mean look at the AFD 100 website, everyone was amped about it then when production was pushed back everyone got big case of the ass. Same thing with the YJM, introduced at NAMM 2011 last year but the first amps were not seen in the US until October.

I suspect Marshall will provide some solid red meat for us in a couple of weeks at the NAMM show in LA. Perhaps this will only show a few of the amps of what is the 50 years of loud celebration.

At this point I think we all need to relax and enjoy the ride. Again I know some stuff is coming that will launch Marshall on top of the industry as the company moves on past 2012. Lets give Marshall the time it needs to get the products right and to the market for us. Lets give them the opprotunity to introduce them without spoil. It will be nice to see the amps announced all through the year during this 50th anniversary celebration. Perhaps 20 years from now you will be talking about the amp you bought during this time that everyone wants.

Last edited:

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
Hope that all us will be wrong,and this amps will be regular production models till 2013

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope that all us will be wrong,and this amps will be regular production models till 2013

that would be the same as a limited amount of units being made

the YJM is out for a year now... and they're still being made... remember:1500 units worldwide...
that's the same amount as the 1 watt amps being made for the US only

axuality

Reaction score
shoot me down for this but why the fuck are people arguing over these things calling people out an shit giving each other shit etc shouldnt we all just be enjoying the fact that marshall are gonna release some cool little amps and poss some others we are not aware about where is the love people we are all brothers here so stop fucking bitching like school girls
rant over peace :D
Yea, and not only are we brothers and sisters, but the brothers and sisters have been trusting Marshall to produce the definitive rock amps for many years. I think we can still trust them to do something very good.

Latest posts