OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brp

Reaction score
Over $1000 pointless? I'll go less than half of that, over $400 would be ridiculous.

rjtm

Reaction score
Over $1000 pointless? I'll go less than half of that, over $400 would be ridiculous.

Yeah I think 2-3 hundred is fair but put the name and occasion and "limited edition" sticker on it and it goes to 4-6 hundred

lucidspoon

Reaction score
That's true for me!!!! It's because they're CUTE!!! :lol: Who cares what it sounds like; hell their battery amp is pretty good considering it's a battery amp. I'd buy 50 of the anniversary amps and make a backline on stage.

Ken
THIS! I love the idea of small, low watt amps, especially heads. I'd have 20 of them if I could afford it!

rjtm

Reaction score
THIS! I love the idea of small, low watt amps, especially heads. I'd have 20 of them if I could afford it!

It would be pretty cool to own all 5 of them though. Like you have each amp of the decade. It would be even cooler to own each mint condition real one! Or both!

treetrunk

Reaction score
HUSH! HUSH! :rofl::rofl:I see everyone is giving Marshall ideas saying we are ready to pay X and Y - an arm and a leg and what and a not to get one of these????
DO you want these amp to be affordable or not?:naughty:
I feel it is better to see what comes out eventually as the pricing......
500 IMO is still high........;):rolleyes:
Seriously IMO, it makes possibly far more business sense for Marshall also to aim to become a household name.....make the real deal absolutely affordable so Ron and Bob and Tim and Saul can have them all, -- there is a real juicy market in the low wattage tube amps segment, and other players are already making a fast buck right there......A lot of interest in that segment we can all see.....
If I worked for Marshall, I'd make every effort to catch this segment and make it reap riches without losing ANY time. (one year is out of question)
........Still waiting for the real Golden Dawn......:shock:

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
HUSH! HUSH! :rofl::rofl:I see everyone is giving Marshall ideas saying we are ready to pay X and Y - an arm and a leg and what and a not to get one of these????
DO you want these amp to be affordable or not?:naughty:
I feel it is better to see what comes out eventually as the pricing......
500 IMO is still high........;):rolleyes:
Seriously IMO, it makes possibly far more business sense for Marshall also to aim to become a household name.....make the real deal absolutely affordable so Ron and Bob and Tim and Saul can have them all, -- there is a real juicy market in the low wattage tube amps segment, and other players are already making a fast buck right there......A lot of interest in that segment we can all see.....
If I worked for Marshall, I'd make every effort to catch this segment and make it reap riches without losing ANY time. (one year is out of question)
........Still waiting for the real Golden Dawn......:shock:

:lol:

rjtm

Reaction score
Its not just about the money, but thats a good point, they will make tons off of that. Its also not only good for bedroom players, but for people who want to crank up their 800s all of the time! :dude: If its loud enough, it could be mic'd and even used in gigs! Plus, of course if the price is good, tons of more people will buy it and be satisfied (if it is good, which it hopefully is). So theres a huge advantage at making this in limited, but big numbers and for a reasonable price.

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
but big numbers and for a reasonable price.
Marshall should do that,think about this tons of custom builders make their own versions of marshall amps at low wattage,why not Marshall doing them themselfs?

Drewby

Reaction score
I'm not crying for Marshall. This isn't a National Security issue. If Marshall is pissed, let them take legal action against whoever stole them. Once they're on the net, they really can't do much. Hell, I found Zooey Dashenel's tits and pussy on line! (I'm totally in love with her). I'm sure she's not happy about that. The pics that is...not my affections!

Ken

I need those pics... She is beautiful. PM me

Drewby

Reaction score
These little bastards better have a speaker output so I can crank em through a 4x12.

tarznamps

Reaction score
I was told $650-$800. I assume that is $649 for the head and $799 for the combo. This seems about right if they are really only going to have 150 of each model.

If you think these are only going to be $400 with a limited run of 150 your are crazy. $2,000 is a bit crazy too.

I guess we'll wait and see what the facts are.

JakeBluesRocker

Reaction score
I was told $650-$800. I assume that is $649 for the head and $799 for the combo. This seems about right if they are really only going to have 150 of each model.

If you think these are only going to be $400 with a limited run of 150 your are crazy. $2,000 is a bit crazy too.

I guess we'll wait and see what the facts are.

1:thumb:+

Mrkmas

Reaction score
I hope these are not the actual 50th anniversary amps though. While they are cool, and I get the concept (that someone else on here wrote) which was one amp for every 10 years, I just feel kind of let down. I was expected a full sized amp. Not to say these 1 watters will be bad, and are certainly a great idea, I am just very surprised and let down by them. If these are in fact the 50th anniversary amps... I probably wont be buying based on the availability and price as a result of that. Time will tell though. Will have to wait on the official details from marshall.

tarznamps

Reaction score
There is NO WAY that 1 WATTERS is all that Marshall is going to do for the 50th. It's cool but they have 99 more watts to go.

Mrkmas

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be happy and how many would be let down if the 50th anniversary marshall turns out to be a 2555 jubilee?

Latest posts