OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjtm

Reaction score
These are obviously commemorative amps done to capture each decade of sound. Problem with this bullshit being leaked is the rumours that start flying all over. You know, only 150, going to cost $2000 and everything else wrong that is being assumed.

Whether you believe it or not this uncontrolled release causes significant damage to a company I assume most here support, doesn't look like many give a fuck about that. More important to be the first to spread gossip and misinformation. Lot of good people got hurt by this.

While this is a small part of future launches I personally wish those of you who support Marshall wouldn't help in the spreading of the pictures or the misinformation. Future announcments will now be under lockdown.

lol wat?
You don't know any of that. This is as likely to be a controlled release as a "leak". Good people hurt?
You're trying to sound like you know what you're talking about but you know as little or less as anyone else here. You don't know what you're talking about.

I get what nuke is saying, but I dont think this can hurt the company. This is just speculation on what is going to happen, none of it is proved and everyone knows that. We're just discussing what the possibilities are in anticipation of the amp

Papus

Reaction score
Will you fuckwits LISTEN:

Where did the 150 figure come from? - A FUCKING DEALER
- a pathetic attempt to trigger a panicked pre-order frenzy.

Where did the $900 figure come from? - FORUM SPECULATION
- none of you knows fuck-all about pricing and quantities for the 50th product line.

Where did the $2,000 figure come from? - FORUM SPECULATION
- see above, and it doesn't take Einstein to conclude that nobody is going to buy a 1w amp for $2,000 no matter how collectible or rare - it will NEVER hold its value against a Jublilee or a YJM or any other higher-spec'd limited run big gun amp.

You are all getting your knickers in a twist over SPECULATION and OUTRIGHT LIES FROM FUCKING DEALERS

I bet those 5 1-watters are made in quantities of several thousand units each.
I think Marshall WANTS the "little people" to enjoy a taste of 50th Gold.
The amps will be priced accordingly.
One thing is certain: the REAL big gun 50th Head is going to be FUCKING MINDBLOWING

rjtm

Reaction score
I bet those 5 1-watters are made in quantities of several thousand units each.
I think Marshall WANTS the "little people" to enjoy a taste of 50th Gold.
The amps will be priced accordingly.
One thing is certain: the REAL big gun 50th Head is going to be FUCKING MINDBLOWING

I think thats a really good point. I think its just to get everyone warmed up for the 50th anniversary and give everyone a taste, but I still dont think its gonna be that cheap

Ken

Reaction score
I get what nuke is saying, but I dont think this can hurt the company. This is just speculation on what is going to happen, none of it is proved and everyone knows that. We're just discussing what the possibilities are in anticipation of the amp

Exactly. But I bet Leo is spinning in his grave wishing Fender or Music Man got as much attention every time they made a new amp!

Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Where did the $2,000 figure come from? - FORUM SPECULATION

:naughty: No, it was ME!!!!

and it doesn't take Einstein to conclude that nobody is going to buy a 1w amp for $2,000 no matter how collectible or rare -

Wanna bet?

There's at least 150 professional guitarists who are rich and who would buy it just to have it. These guys who own 20+ guitars...hell even a few of US own 20+ guitars. I don't think $2k is a stretch for the big collectors like Jimmy Page, Rick Neilson or Nigel Tufnel.

Ken

brp

Reaction score
:naughty: No, it was ME!!!!

Wanna bet?

There's at least 150 professional guitarists who are rich and who would buy it just to have it. These guys who own 20+ guitars...hell even a few of US own 20+ guitars. I don't think $2k is a stretch for the big collectors like Jimmy Page, Rick Neilson or Nigel Tufnel.

Ken

But Jimmy Page isn't their base. They don't want to turn off their customer base. And charging a ton for these would definitely do that, especially when it would be a an outright cash grab not at all justified by the production cost.
It would cost them more if they did that, in the long run. Look at how people have turned on Gibson. Their market share is not what it used to be, and Marshall is already feeling the pinch of new competitors, they know this.

rjtm

Reaction score
But Jimmy Page isn't their base. They don't want to turn off their customer base. And charging a ton for these would definitely do that, especially when it would be a an outright cash grab not at all justified by the production cost.
It would cost them more if they did that, in the long run. Look at how people have turned on Gibson. Their market share is not what it used to be.

Well of course it isnt gonna actually be two thousand, I think he was just exaggerating to say it is going to be really expensive. Making it that price would be suicide and make this a complete failure (for all of the average customers and fans who want to buy them). They will probably make it expensive, but not that expensive

brp

Reaction score
I might disagree that's that's "probable". They seem pretty price aware lately, I expected the Class 5 head to be more than it turned out to be.
Although these are kinda special in more way than one so you may well be right.

Tim Semeryuk

Reaction score
anything over 1000$ is pointless. you can buy a real '84 800 for 1000$. why would you use even more for some anaversary 1 watt model. now thats piontless. honesly i think i wont be getting these because they will be WAY overpriced just because there is 50th anniversary written on it somewhere. you could probably build the same thing for under 500$. :WTF:

Papus

Reaction score
anything over 1000$ is pointless. you can buy a real '84 800 for 1000$. why would you use even more for some anaversary 1 watt model. now thats piontless. honesly i think i wont be getting these because they will be WAY overpriced just because there is 50th anniversary written on it somewhere. you could probably build the same thing for under 500$. :WTF:

This sort of baseless speculation is really beginning to FUCK ME RIGHT OFF!!

Please provide one scrap of evidence to support your claims that:

1) the run will be limited thus increasing the price

2) the price will be high due to limited run/anniversary status

NONE OF YOU KNOWS SWEET FUCK ALL ABOUT MARSHALL'S PLANS SO PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH ALL THE DOOM-AND-GLOOM "I'M NOT PAYING $2K FOR A TOY" BULLSHIT

IbanezMark

Reaction score
Do these amps come with a Hello Kitty pencil case too?

...or maybe a Justin Beiber sticker book?

Reactions: Ken

Latest posts