OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JayCM800

Reaction score
"Limited... "Value"... "Collectability"...meh...

I'll pass on the appetizers...

I'll wait for the main course...

rjtm

Reaction score
Even if they dont continue it in 2013, we'll still have the entire 2012 to buy them! And I agree with ken, I think they will continue making these for the entire year for the budget people who want to get some 50th anniversary action also. Would make sense. They will probably release the big boy stuff at NAMM

rjtm

Reaction score
They are huge assholes who hate music... They also have a problem with anything I do...

Ken

Reaction score
They are huge assholes who hate music... They also have a problem with anything I do...

Sounds like my wife. Luckily I work from home and I have the house to myself during the day so I can crank when I practice...except for now because my son is home from college until next week so I keep it quiet. I think a 1 watt amp cranked would be a good volume. Works on the Marshall Battery amp, but truth be told I prefer the DSL dialed back. I'm thinking a 1 watt tube Marshall through one of my 4x12's would rock!

Ken

rjtm

Reaction score
Sounds like my wife. Luckily I work from home and I have the house to myself during the day so I can crank when I practice...except for now because my son is home from college until next week so I keep it quiet. I think a 1 watt amp cranked would be a good volume. Works on the Marshall Battery amp, but truth be told I prefer the DSL dialed back. I'm thinking a 1 watt tube Marshall through one of my 4x12's would rock!

Ken

Yeah thats a great product for you to buy then! I want it because I want an 800/plexi but I dont have the money so this would be a great thing for me, plus i can crank it! Volume isnt really a problem in my house (my dad loves my music when he's here, but when my mom is here, not so much). As for the neighbors, screw them, they better get used to it! I think they have though because I've been cranking my Jubilee lately and they havent said anything :lol: I think they get the point that I wont stop.

Chris Martins

Reaction score

yeah, and that will rock louder than you think... Believe me, I've tried and even 1 "tube" watt is quite powerful in a 4x12.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid in the 1970's I would turn old transistor radios into mini amps. Mostly by trial and error on how to disconnect the tuner and where to put the guitar jack in. I lusted after the Pignose...

So I suppose it's in my blood. I have 2 mini amps now, but a tube 1 watt Marshall would really float my boat. I would NEVER buy a 100 watt special edition amp new. Waste of money to me. I'd buy a Jube used though if the price was right.

Ken

Oh I'm not taking the Michael Ken I genuinely think a genuine home friendly Marshall is long overdue,hence the YJM100,I'm not an Yngwie fan! & was rather gobsmacked at the Haze 15's volumes for a 'bedroom amp!'
I just think there's a lot of people on here flapping about quantities that won't buy one!
I remeber it with the YJM100 & how many people on here bought one?
Me & 6 others....?!

Ken

Reaction score
I remeber it with the YJM100 & how many people on here bought one?
Me & 6 others....?!

Well, at face value, when my local G/C said they couldn't get one I assumed it was because of limited production. Maybe it's local politics? Who knows. But I think your YJM is a pretty popular amp, albeit only advanced guitarists would buy one. Why do you think it was a flop?

Ken

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, at face value, when my local G/C said they couldn't get one I assumed it was because of limited production. Maybe it's local politics? Who knows. But I think your YJM is a pretty popular amp, albeit only advanced guitarists would buy one. Why do you think it was a flop?

Ken

I don't think it's a flop,I just think everyone on The Vintage Modern forum bought one & no one on this one lol!

Ken

Reaction score

Best Marshallform video yet!! Did you make it? Loved the inside jokes!

I wouldn't say it "sums it up" but it covered a lot of ground. I disagree that the early pic release was damaging to Marshall though. Spy photos of new cars have been all the rage for 80 years. It whet's the public's appetite. Look at me: I'm all giddy!

Ken

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score

Ken

Also why would you think only advanced guitarists would buy one?
It's one of the simplistic layouts in Marshall history!
It makes the Haze 15 look complicated!

rjtm

Reaction score
Also why would you think only advanced guitarists would buy one?
It's one of the simplistic layouts in Marshall history!
It makes the Haze 15 look complicated!

Its because it is such a big investment, and yngwie isnt really mainstream. Only someone serious about guitar who knows about yngwie and is willing to spend that money would buy that amp

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Its because it is such a big investment, and yngwie isnt really mainstream. Only someone serious about guitar who knows about yngwie and is willing to spend that money would buy that amp

One of its main features is its not designed to be an Yngwie only signature amp.
It's simply a hot roded Plexi:headbanger:
Hmmm if that's what people are thinking on here that's maybe why hardly anyones got one :lol:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyway this threads about 50th 1 watters,I'm digging the little plexi lol!

rjtm

Reaction score
One of its main features is its not designed to be an Yngwie only signature amp.
It's simply a hot roded Plexi:headbanger:
Hmmm if that's what people are thinking on here that's maybe why hardly anyones got one :lol:

:lol: Yeah man. I would have gotten one if I had the money (then again, I would get pretty much every marshall if I had the money :lol:) but thats my main constriction. That why I like these, because I can get a mini plexi for a good price

Username2

Reaction score
Best Marshallform video yet!! Did you make it? Loved the inside jokes!

I wouldn't say it "sums it up" but it covered a lot of ground. I disagree that the early pic release was damaging to Marshall though. Spy photos of new cars have been all the rage for 80 years. It whet's the public's appetite. Look at me: I'm all giddy!

Ken

Yes I made it. Nothing I say will matter about this leaked information, we can disagree. Look for some HD video on the amps soon. BTW, these amps are not toys. We all have been bitching about having classic Marshall tone delivered at bedroom levels. Nobody here have heard these amps yet, but what kind of a player dismisses any amp before they try it themself, the dumb ass I would say.