Official Scumback Speakers Questions & Information Thread!

• Thread starter Scumback Speakers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Here's the Official Scumback Speakers Questions & Information Thread!

I've done these on other forums for quick answers (or more detailed ones) to player's questions on Scumback models, etc.

So while it's slow right before Super Bowl, and after NAMM, NAMM-THRAX, etc. I figured now would be a good time to start a discussion thread about any questions you might have.

So hit me up and I'll do my best to answer your questions here, or you can get really detailed on my recommendation form.

www.scumbackspeakers.com/recommend.html

Jim

sales@scumbackspeakers.com

Trapland

Punk, classic, funk, jazz and everything else.
Reaction score
I always thought it would be nice to have sound clips so as to compare the different models with each other.

Like the heavy magnet 55Hz PVC vs the same speaker with the 65 watt coils. Then compare the LDs.

DragonCrestPC

Reaction score
I always thought it would be nice to have sound clips so as to compare the different models with each other.

Like the heavy magnet 55Hz PVC vs the same speaker with the 65 watt coils. Then compare the LDs.

Agreed.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
Do the M's with 65 watts differ significantly in tone from those with 25 watts?

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score

The only problem with that is the cost involved. I hired a guy in 2013 to do a bunch of clips with different songs/guitars/amps with each speaker I gave him at the time. Of course, with 14 speaker versions, and 5 songs, that adds up quickly. But I have most of them done, the link is here:

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/newclips/index.html

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
There's barely any difference in tone. Probably why I sell more 65w models than 25w. There might be a hair more bass/lower mids in the 65w, but it's really subtle.

Thanks. I'm going to assume that there's not a significant difference between the low wattage Scumicos the high wattage versions as well?

Verminator25

Reaction score
I think it’s worth saying that in the Johan Segeborn video, he compares one of the old Weber (Blue Frame) M75’s with a Celestion G12M. The Weber cones seemed like they were lacking a little bass that the Celestions had. I had a Weber-coned M75 and I now have 2 new black framed M75’s, and I can say that the new ones definitely have more bass.

That said, both versions of the speaker are kickass and do a really good job of getting that greenback sound. If you want more or less bass, turn the knob on your amp!