Old Marshall anyone?

• Thread starter pinto79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrawn86

Reaction score
I think it's because LFH and I are in the USA, and you and Pinto are not....the International listings usually do this to the USA members. If you use the item number Jesstaa gave you can see it.

Last edited:

thrawn86

Reaction score
OK, so next question: What does this thing sound most like? The Fender Bassman? I'd assume so, since the first Marshall's were supposedly a dead rip of the Bassman.

OK, frivolous question: Anyone, including people you know personally, ever own or play one that old, or close to it?

Jesstaa

Reaction score
I had to use the number too, I just know to use it from experience.

I don't think many people would buy this to play, but even still, 300,000 quid is a fuck of a lot of money for a collectors item. Could buy a nice house for that much.

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
The price is just stupid.

At the end of the day it's just a box with a few wires & bits & pieces in it.

Or is it "Art" ?

While I'll admit I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it it would be kinda cool to have around as a keepsake. It's pretty neat to see how the Marshall Amps have changed cosmetically over the years.... :dude:

bodhi2600

Reaction score
no one on planet earth would be playing a marshall if it hadn't been for mr. Bran and mr. Craven. that dude(amp) is THE prehistoric Marshall.
while it is really expensive it is an amazing piece of rock n roll history.
i hope he sells it. he deserves the $.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I don't care how much money I had, I wouldn't buy that. If I buy something, it's because I plan on using it. That's why even though AC Cobras are my favorite car, I'd never buy an original one. I'd want to drive it, which means there's a chance that I'd wreck it and there'd be one less in existence. Give me a replica, and I'll drive it all over the place.

Plus, if something happened and the amp needed to be repaired, nobody's going to want to touch it.

Marshallhead

Reaction score
OK, so next question: What does this thing sound most like? The Fender Bassman? I'd assume so, since the first Marshall's were supposedly a dead rip of the Bassman.

OK, frivolous question: Anyone, including people you know personally, ever own or play one that old, or close to it?

Yes - me! This amp is played about once a month on average. No I am not rich or famous, I just snagged it when it was cheap.

DSCF4477.jpg

tprigdec09.jpg

Furies

Reaction score
A piece like that should go into their equivalent of the Smithsonian.