One hundred watt 50th Anniversary Question

• Thread starter slash07
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trobdcso

Reaction score
I am so happy with my VM, that I really don't care.

wanky

Reaction score
isn't the JVM410JS basically the 50th anniversary 100watter? they even colored it blue & gold to commemorate the 6100 30th anniversary.

Marival

Reaction score
isn't the JVM410JS basically the 50th anniversary 100watter? they even colored it blue & gold to commemorate the 6100 30th anniversary.

It was never marketed as such (and rightfully so). There have been two 100W head releases this year. The JVMJS and the new DSL100. Neither of them was pointed towards as such. In the DSL's case it's pretty obvious why. In the JVMJS' case it's kind of obvious too. I really doubt that Marshall would pick just one artist to flaunt their big 50th flagship. The fact that the JVMJS is available for a limited time in blue is just a throwback to Joe's favourite Marshall head.

dreyn77

Reaction score
they have made the 'smaller' amp buyer happy. the have made the 'collecter' amp buyer happy. they have made the 'customiser' happy. what is left? A TOTALLY NEW PRODUCT!what will this be? amp? guitar? pedals and amp? all the plexis' in one amp? OR they might shut up shop and retire from the biz.......... OR intrducing the Marshall Party Boat, it travels the world with your fav bands all playing marshalls etc....

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
they have made the 'smaller' amp buyer happy. the have made the 'collecter' amp buyer happy. they have made the 'customiser' happy. what is left? A TOTALLY NEW PRODUCT!what will this be? amp? guitar? pedals and amp? all the plexis' in one amp? OR they might shut up shop and retire from the biz.......... OR intrducing the Marshall Party Boat, it travels the world with your fav bands all playing marshalls etc....

actually since it's the 50th Anniv. how about a 50wt. say a 2204 w/ loop,gate,power scaling,& midi switching.do it in a JMP styled headshell w/ gold piping & logo complete w/ matching cab w/ g12-65's.:hmm:

Username2

Reaction score
well Jim is gone & kids have taken over the company so ya know how that usually goes. I'll be happy w/ a 50th anniv. t-shirt.

The kids do not run the company, there is a Board of Directors and a operations manager

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
The kids do not run the company, there is a Board of Directors and a operations manager

point being is,it's not Jim's baby anymore. 5 more years & it'll probably be like wal...oh n/m that would be sacrilege.:eek:

Specter500

Reaction score
I was in GC yesterday and one of the managers mentioned that he got an email saying that the 50th will be an ERIC Clapton Strat and Bluesbreaker combo, and to put a feeler out for interest and that it would be MSRPed in the 50K range... He didn't show me the email so I refuse to believe it.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in GC yesterday and one of the managers mentioned that he got an email saying that the 50th will be an ERIC Clapton Strat and Bluesbreaker combo, and to put a feeler out for interest and that it would be MSRPed in the 50K range... He didn't show me the email so I refuse to believe it.

there was someone on here that won that & a vos les paul in some contest. valued @ 50k. maybe that's it.

Specter500

Reaction score
Could be Blues..... I've heard of the LP GT and Bluesbreaker but not a Clapton Strat and Bluesbreaker..??? Hmmmmm

Username2

Reaction score

His so called email is complete horseshit.

Ken

Reaction score
Could be Blues..... I've heard of the LP GT and Bluesbreaker but not a Clapton Strat and Bluesbreaker..??? Hmmmmm

Clapton endorsing Marshall these days is as likely as Plant singing Stairway in a reunion project. Or by himself in the shower for that matter.

Ken

Latest posts