Orange Circle Of Tone

• Thread starter solarburn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I think it's as close as Orange has one to Marshall.

I agree. I was gonna get an OR15 for that reason, I was also considering the Bassbreaker cuz these amps are Marshallesque in tone but now with the Origin coming out I don't need any of them, I'll just get a Marshall LOL.

I always thought variety was the way to go, but I was always trying to make my other amps sound like Marshalls, I realize this now and that's why I've been selling off my amps. Love my 2204, I might even sell my TV50 if the new Origin and DSL measure up.

Last edited:

jason_s

Reaction score
I’ve had my OR15 & PPC112 cab for week and love it. I was back and forth between it and an EVH LBXii. I miss having a separate clean channel but the tone is awesome!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I’ve had my OR15 & PPC112 cab for week and love it. I was back and forth between it and an EVH LBXii. I miss having a separate clean channel but the tone is awesome!

The Rocker15 has a dedicated clean channel, they just released it in a head. Or you can run your OR15 clean and hit it with an OD pedal to get your gain.

jason_s

Reaction score
B3B3255A-E5B6-4E72-8280-200333B6F7C1.jpeg I’ve been playing my OR15 for almost 2 months and can’t get enough of the tone! I hardly ever play my TSL now. I just need some pedals to fill out the tone. What’s everyone’s fav’s for reverb, delay, and OD to boost with?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Somebody made me an offer for my TV50 and cab, I'm gonna take them up on it when they come up with the money. I need another Marshall. :yesway:

Goldmember

Reaction score
View attachment 48115 I’ve been playing my OR15 for almost 2 months and can’t get enough of the tone! I hardly ever play my TSL now. I just need some pedals to fill out the tone. What’s everyone’s fav’s for reverb, delay, and OD to boost with?
I run my SG through a mini Tumnus set at unity gain, with just the slightest overdrive, in front of the OR15. In the loop, I use a Zoom MS-50g for graphic eq, delay, and reverb (HD Reverb). For me, it's the perfect combination. The Tumnus enhances the harmonics at this setting (Tumnus settings: volume at 8:30, gain at 9 o'clock, tone at 11:30).

Last edited:

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Ade Emsley who designed manynof Orange's amp’s has stated in an interview no long ago that Orange was noted for putting the lower mids in their amps, while Marshall's area was high mids.

I selected my two Oranges, a Dark Terror and before that, a Micro Dark for their Orange/British amp tones. I did not want to be a Marshall guy. I just like Orange's “take” on gain. I think some prospective buyers might be put off by the Metal crowd who like Orange for their sludgy tones. I
have found more tones that have nothing to do with Metal
however. I'm starting to believe that playing an Orange amp may have you suddenly realizing that you have to adjust your playing style a bit due to those lower mids.
I have to be careful with chords I choose to play; where I seemed to have more “freedom” playing Fender style amps. Anyone else notice this?

Classicplayer

myersbw

Reaction score
Was just scouring this thread! Wish I had a pic of my old one. I had a 1972 Orange 120w head...loud as $%&#! Clean...SO clean and sterile...unless you parked it with an Altair power attenuator and then you could crank and get the sweetest tones. Sold it after 4 years...sometime in the early 80's. Missed that beast.

Last edited: