• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ordered New Amp.

• Thread starter 40xxx04
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

40xxx04

Reaction score
GC in US had just one used JCM 2000 DSL 100 with all original parts with them, so I had to order it online through them. Costs around 700$ including one year warranty. Is that a good price or did I pay too much?

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buying from a music store, that sounds reasonable to me. Once you get the amp and you love it, then it was a good price. If you don't like it, then you paid too much, and should return it within the 30 day return deadline.

40xxx04

Reaction score
Buying from a music store, that sounds reasonable to me. Once you get the amp and you love it, then it was a good price. If you don't like it, then you paid too much, and should return it within the 30 day return deadline.
Yes, I was of the same thinking.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you could have got a brand new one for $100 more & better warrantee. So yer ahead in money. Buying used and getting the best price takes time. Sounds like you ready to play right now.

If you aren't happy with the amp turn it loose before the 30 days so you're not stuck with it. If it has issues they need to take care of it.

Hope it turns out to be a real rocker for you. Congrats and let us know how it sounds...

Ken

Reaction score
$700 is on the high side, but if it's dead mint with the 1 year warranty that's a good deal as long as they stand behind the warranty.

You'll need the speaker ground mod done, but if that voids the warranty you're in a difficult position because those jacks fail with very little notice more often than not. If it was already done, I doubt GC would notice if it was done under the PC board. The easy way, a jumper from the 16 ohm output, is painfully obvious. You also want to be sure the reverb works.

Ken

Latest posts