Origin sounds like a plexi????

• Thread starter tkelley
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
Maybe because these are made in Vietnam!
Well, that doesn't stop the DSL. It sound s "British" in some historical forms. But the Origin was marketed to be essentially a modded plexi, a kind of 1987 with FX loop, footswitchable boost etc. Seemed to me the perfect amp on paper. Heck, even the Brits failed at that (ex. Vintage Modern).

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen such discourse over an amp since the great Blues Jr debate over at Strat Talk
When ya have one in your mitts, on full 50 watt volume at 4 with an SD1 in front of the amp, no boost from the amp itself, they are magnificent, with whatever flavor guitar you like...
Thanks

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
You know it brother, and I am not trying to get a big head here, but your clips have shown me that I am still not deaf, I believe fantastic tones are hidden in them and once you unlock one the others follow.
Thanks
Buddy

Mitch

C-Grin

Reaction score
You know it brother, and I am not trying to get a big head here, but your clips have shown me that I am still not deaf, I believe fantastic tones are hidden in them and once you unlock one the others follow.
Thanks
Buddy

Mitch
And your clips were what spurred me to buy another SD 1and experiment with my tone :headbanger:.

SuperFleeky

Reaction score
View attachment 84840
Forget the foamies. I paid 1500.00 for an audiologist to have ear impressions and a tri-speaker in-ear monitors made. Whole band did it. We all hated it...after about a month, we threw em in the pond out back!

I invested in the same thing... high-dollar triple driver custom mold in-ear monitors, top of the line monitor system, etc... I still have it all, but ended up pulling them out every single time I was forced to use them. There's something about guitar frequencies that just sound lame with in-ear monitors. I even used them with a Kemper, which should be perfect for that use, but same thing... less than inspiring. I only tried them for six shows before I stopped bringing them. I probably just need some patience and use more than one dynamic mic.

Old Punker

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to watch that a little bit! All the old music gear, drywall scraps and worn tires are beginning to affect the amphibians!

What?

mutantfrog.jpg

proxy

Reaction score
Only Plexi sounds like Plexi.
Mako no mistake about that
You can get away with 18 watt Plexi if you are using a lot of pedals.
Otherwise no other amp can do what Plexi does ...