• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Plexi and boosted jcm 800 based amp

• Thread starter SloeGin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SloeGin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering what amp does a plexi and a boosted jcm 800 sound PLUS sounds good on bedroom volume and isnt noisy?
I was considering Friedman but they are too expensive sadly :(

Thanks for the help!

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
A used Splawn Quick Rod can be had for around $1,000 USD. Great loop return master volume.

steveb63

Reaction score
My vote?

Origin with one of Friedman's pedals. I use the BE-OD Deluxe.

You'll get the poor man's version of a Friedman amp.

Don't forget the e.q. in the loop. My Origin 20 is pretty damn cool with that pedal combo.

Like I said, it's not a Friedman, but you'll get very close with that rig.

Good luck.

Mrmaxelcat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering what amp does a plexi and a boosted jcm 800 sound PLUS sounds good on bedroom volume and isnt noisy?
I was considering Friedman but they are too expensive sadly :(

Thanks for the help!
Best amp for that sound is a Jcm 800 with an SD1. They can do that sound all day long and are close to a boosted plexi sound because that’s what they’re based on. No need to spend thousands on Friedman amps etc.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Best amp for that sound is a Jcm 800 with an SD1. They can do that sound all day long and are close to a boosted plexi sound because that’s what they’re based on. No need to spend thousands on Friedman amps etc.
I can agree with this statement since I have this setup. :yesway:

Guitaraficionado74

Reaction score
You just described the characteristics of the Marshall Vintage Modern. Incredibly versatile amp, quiet, reliable, does indeed plexi and hotrodded JCM 800.

Sgrady41

Reaction score
My vote?

Origin with one of Friedman's pedals. I use the BE-OD Deluxe.

You'll get the poor man's version of a Friedman amp.

Don't forget the e.q. in the loop. My Origin 20 is pretty damn cool with that pedal combo.

Like I said, it's not a Friedman, but you'll get very close with that rig.

Good luck.
Agree on the Origin series

Townie

Reaction score
My boy @Mitchell Pearrow sounds pretty good here with the Origin. I've never had one of these amps but it sure sounds like one that takes a boost very well:
I was going to say the same thing. I own an Origin 20C and it does the Plexi sound really well (it's not a high gain amp) and makes a great pedal platform for our OD/Dist/Fuzz and modulation.

Latest posts