Popping the question...you know...THE QUESTION...

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poeman33

Reaction score
I've followed my dreams all my life. One of the main reasons I got married late. Course, it's one of the reasons I'm old and crotchety and will have to work til I'm 92...but anyway... If following your dreams includes the love of your life,go for it !

I proposed at the first place she and I met. A park in Peterborough. Did the whole bended knee bit too. Was a big harvest moon that night. I guess that was a good omen as it's a good marriage.

matt3310

Reaction score
I took mine to Paris and proposed on top of the Eiffel Tower. A bit over the top, but you know my motto.....Go big or go home and Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I took mine to Paris and proposed on top of the Eiffel Tower. A bit over the top, but you know my motto.....Go big or go home and Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!!

Nice Matt...me too (in Paris I mean). I had to stay on the ground though, no good with heights. It would've be like will you marry me?.....puke :rofl:

After I'd ok'd things with the future in-laws, of course. :thumb:

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
I did a little treasure map for my wife. Made the locations all easy to find with cleaver love clues for each.

There were eight total stops on the map, each stop had a box and when she found it and opened it there was something that was special to us while we dated and a small gift.

The last stop was on a beach where she literally had to dig down about a foot. Inside that box was her rock along with a sweetheart letter. As I hid out of view and seen her reading the letter I walked on the beach and ask her to marry me.

Gave me over 30 years so far and four great kids. She is cooking up a 20lb prime rib as I type this so marriage has been great for me.

I don't want to hear any shit about how gay this sounds this either guys, the plan worked.

:) Shit, that's not gay at all. NOW, if your wife had been a 350LB Guy who drives a Kenworth, maybe a TAD.....

:rofl::rofl: TWIN

chuckelator

Reaction score
The worst thing... I was thinking to myself today that I'm gonna sell a couple of amps to fund the purchase of a Dr. Z Remedy, then I realized...I need to save up for an engagement ring...FUCK!!! The Dr. Z will have to wait.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Just get her a nice ring, that always works

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
according to the jewelers, you're supposed to cough up at minimum 2 months salary, or you don't really love her...

chuckelator

Reaction score
depends on you both, and how much formality, ceremony and tradition you're into...

with my wife, there was never really a big 'pop the question' scene... soon after we met it seemed obvious that we'd end up getting married, as everything seemed so right & natural... we'd talked about marriage, and it was clear to me that if I asked, she'd accept

we were laid in bed... This is all paraphrasing, but you get the gist:

Me: you know how we've been together for a while, and I really like you

Her: I really like you too

Me: it's pretty obvious to me that we're right for each other

Her: yes

Me: well how would you feel about marrying me then?

Her: yes, of course I will

Me: cool!

That was it, no big scene with bended knees or rings etc. Like everything in life, you just have to do it your own way, and it'll be fine. The next day we went ring
shopping, and decided on a date. Easy. Very informal, very comfortable, very us.

The serious, and very formal part is the subsequent lifetime commitment you promise to make, which is not something to take lightly, nor something you ought to be in too much of a hurry to do.

I'm not rushing it at all, at least I don't feel I am. I thought to myself, this girl is my best friend in the world, and I'd take a bullet for her. She's not into formality and what not, but I do kind of want to make it a big thing (because I'm not that type of person, and she's a bit out there and would want something memorable) so I definitely wanna spice it up a bit.

I thought a good idea would be to do it on stage. I think she would like that a lot. My band finishes a song, and then we break for me to propose to her.

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
They're all evil man. They trick you, put you in a false sense of security then it's all down hill. Run Forrest, Run..... :D

Good luck home boy. She sounds like a keeper (for now)

I just thought this pic was too funny...

r-NOT-TONIGHT-large570.jpg

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought a good idea would be to do it on stage. I think she would like that a lot. My band finishes a song, and then we break for me to propose to her.

That would put her in the spotlight and she would either love it or it could embarrass her, but you know her. If she's the type that would love the spotlight (and being put on the spot) then that would probably be the best thing you could do. This is coming from someone that's never been there...so take it for what it's worth, lol. :lol: :D

chuckelator

Reaction score
That would put her in the spotlight and she would either love it or it could embarrass her, but you know her. If she's the type that would love the spotlight (and being put on the spot) then that would probably be the best thing you could do. This is coming from someone that's never been there...so take it for what it's worth, lol. :lol: :D

Well, considering her absolute favorite thing in the world is doing karaoke in a crowded bar, I think she'd be into the idea.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Cool, does she have access to your band practices?

You should work it in w/ the band, so that it's part of the performance.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Cool, does she have access to your band practices?

You should work it in w/ the band, so that it's part of the performance.

Nah, she's been to one of our practices, but that's it. She wanted to hear our music before we went into the studio, so she came to practice the day before we went in.

But normally, no.

Peaty

Reaction score
Good for you. I agree with Georgiatec ask her dad first. I know it sounds old fashion but it honestly is a great idea. I've been married now 23 years and my father in law will still mention it at times. A father wants to know his daughter is marrying a stand up guy and it says a lot. Now that I have a daughter I can see how much more it means, even if you think you know he's going to say it's okay.

I asked my wife the weekend she graduated college. I got down on one knee and everything, I'm a sap like that but I must of done something right, so far so good anyway...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Nah, she's been to one of our practices, but that's it. She wanted to hear our music before we went into the studio, so she came to practice the day before we went in.

But normally, no.
Then that gives you good opportunity to work it up. You can set it up so you can invite her up to sing a song & break it down to the proposal. But this way, you can have it all worked out w/ the group, but she'll be in improv mode (thinking you are too), unsuspecting...

chuckelator

Reaction score
Good for you. I agree with Georgiatec ask her dad first. I know it sounds old fashion but it honestly is a great idea. I've been married now 23 years and my father in law will still mention it at times. A father wants to know his daughter is marrying a stand up guy and it says a lot. Now that I have a daughter I can see how much more it means, even if you think you know he's going to say it's okay.

I asked my wife the weekend she graduated college. I got down on one knee and everything, I'm a sap like that but I must of done something right, so far so good anyway...

I'm taking that into consideration. Her dad is a really nice guy, and her mom is a fucking firecracker (must be where my girlfriend got it from) And they seem to really like me. I think they know I treat her like gold, and support her in any way I can.

I mean, Alison and I are going to be buying a car together, sharing a cell plan, so it's definitely already moving that direction, and I think she's kind of wondering when it's coming.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Then that gives you good opportunity to work it up. You can set it up so you can invite her up to sing a song & break it down to the proposal. But this way, you can have it all worked out w/ the group, but she'll be in improv mode (thinking you are too), unsuspecting...

THAT IS FUCKING BRILLIANT... I'll have to get the band to brush up on some Joan Jett (that's her favorite)

Latest posts