Rebuilding Randall RG50TC

• Thread starter Dimitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dimitar

Reaction score
I always hated something in the sound of this amp. I can't sell it for the price I bought it, it's not worth the loss :D So I thought about converting it in a head so I could use it as a half stack with my Marshall 1966A 2x12 cab, but to get all the fun of building an amp, I thought about rebuilding it into another amp, using only the chassis and transformers. I am thinking about building a Soldano SLO but I don't think the transformer would stand powering 5x12AX7s. But I could build it without FX Loop as I don't use one anyway. Give me some suggestions! BTW I could also build 2204 :naughty:

Here are some images of the amp with the guts removed... I could always get them back if I change my mind without any soldering work.

zx9oip.jpg

iwrhih.jpg

2q33hbs.jpg

dyapuv.jpg

I will also remove the silver metal piece where the tubes should be, and make one straight piece because with this piece and plus the tubes I would need bigger headshell and that looks ugly :thumb:

societyincorporated

Reaction score
Cool! I just picked up a Randall RH 100 really great clean channel but the gain is not the best. Can I just change some tubes for a better gain sound?