• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Roll call

• Thread starter Kylelagz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kylelagz

Reaction score
So, i have been on here ALOT the past few months reading and poking around and what not. It seems to be a pretty eclectic group of musicians, hobbyists, die hards, techs, etc etc. Basically I was wondering how many of you marshall forum goers are into or in punk bands? and i mean that in a very broad term (street, hardcore, indie, sludge, doom, post hardcore, post punk, grind, powerviolence, crust, the whole nine yards, anything even remotely branching off of the wonderful world of punk rock) Im not biased against other styles, i just play in a few different bands like that and wanted to see how many of you guys shared the same interest!

wakjob

Reaction score
I still dig some of the old hardcore I used to listen too.

Youth of Today, Warzone, Sick of it All, D.R.I., M.O.D, S.O.D., ect...

Then I discovered METAL!!! :headbanger:

Kylelagz

Reaction score
in the end its all one genre. I just wanna know who else loves playing fast and loud!

Odin69

Reaction score
I grew up in the 80's so, I have no idea what all the stuff you mentioned is? I listened (and still do on occasion) to DRI, Cro-mags, Dead Kennedy's, Minor Threat, Crumsuckers, Germs and a lot of others that were around back then.

Kylelagz

Reaction score
odin, thats waht im talking about! i LOVE minor threat, black flag, circle jerks, etc etc. my old band actually got offered to open for DRI but they wanted us to sell tickets. FUCK THAT

Reactions: JAC

mk2 steve

Reaction score
been in punk bands for over 10 years now, putting together 2 at the moment (one more punk rock, the other hardcore/punk)

Ken

Reaction score
I grew up with and used to play basic Priest/Zeppelin/Sabbath/AC/DC type stuff, then I was in a doom metal band for a while, and now I'm playing mostly bar friendly rock. We're 50% originals, which tend more to metal than rock.

Ken

reno88

Reaction score
call it what you will, but i truly dig fast and loud.
to me, punk is like metal - there's some really good stuff out there, but most of it sux. you gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find what you dig. at least i do.
still trying to get my 3-chord punk band together. the problem? can find a drummer that plays on the ups! we will prevail!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm starting to get into Converge a bit more, if that counts. :p

Their first album had a very 80's thrash feel to it (Actually sounds very Slayer influenced), but an album later, they had their own identity. A chaotic as fuck one. And I like it.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
odin, thats waht im talking about! i LOVE minor threat, black flag, circle jerks, etc etc. my old band actually got offered to open for DRI but they wanted us to sell tickets. FUCK THAT

Thats the punk I listened to and played in the 80's. The only bands from back then that I still listen to on occasion and follow are the Descendents and Dag Nasty. I was addicted to the energy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ419oGPjkQ&feature=related]The Descendents - She Love's Me - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcQXB1Vbuw&feature=relmfu]DAG NASTY - Values here (Can I Say) - YouTube[/ame]

JAC

Reaction score

I'm proud of you! Screw pre-sales or what us real people call "pay-to-play."
That shit goes on here on the west coast too much! It came from Europe from what I understand.

Latest posts