SC20H Review

• Thread starter FrostyTheSnake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

colchar

Reaction score
Great contact to have! It’s a little sick how far prices are going now with everything. Way of the world 👎

I'm over in London England right now and am four hours ahead of her so popped her that email earlier today. She got back to me saying that they actually had one in stock at their location for $35, but it was being held for the upcoming Black Friday sale. Since the lists of items that each store has available haven't gone out yet it wasn't being advertised as part of the sale (if it is advertised, legally they have to have it available the day the sale starts). Because of that, she asked the store manager if she could take it off hold and sell it to me. As soon as she told him it was for me he said "yes, absolutely, if he wants it it's his."

So yeah, great contact to have. I actually have several at that store, and they bend over backwards to help me. Absolutely great service.

colchar

Reaction score
Yep Gary Moore had a big part to play In that price hike. RIP. What a legend.

I was watching a pub band one Thursday night early 2000’s, turn around and there he was, glass of red in hand. Man, what a legend.

Moore played one? I know Phil X has used them for years, and continues to do so with Bon Jovi, but had no idea about Moore.

FrostyTheSnake

Reaction score
Moore played one? I know Phil X has used them for years, and continues to do so with Bon Jovi, but had no idea about Moore.
Yea on his board before he passed.

Thats awesome on your contact, I advise a nice bottle of whiskey for Christmas to that person 🍻

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but I like the Maxon 808 the best out of all of them.

I also used to have a Digitech Bad Monkey. I bought it used, and the guy sold it to me for the $40 that it cost new. I sold it at a profit, but not a crazy one. Seeing their prices these days I wish I had hung on to it a bit longer.
Forty dollars reminds me of the very first pedal I bought, it was a Univox Fuzz pedal, it was blue and orange and HUGE! Lol!

I paid $40 for it new around 1970, at the New Milford Music Center in New Milford Ct. :D

I saw two of them listed for $1000 + on Reverb a couple of years ago. :eek::noplease:

(This is what happens when you get old, you tell people what you did over 50 years ago)

FrostyTheSnake

Reaction score
:D:D:band:Forty dollars reminds me of the very first pedal I bought, it was a Univox Fuzz pedal, it was blue and orange and HUGE! Lol!

I paid $40 for it new around 1970, at the New Milford Music Center in New Milford Ct. :D

I saw two of them listed for $1000 + on Reverb a couple of years ago. :eek::noplease:

(This is what happens when you get old, you tell people what you did over 50 years ago)
The fun of gettting old :band:

colchar

Reaction score
Yea on his board before he passed.

Thats awesome on your contact, I advise a nice bottle of whiskey for Christmas to that person 🍻

Nah, she does it because we're friends and she loves me. She isn't even on the sales floor any more, she is now the stores admin person, but she still does sales stuff for me because she knows I will only deal with 2-3 people there.

Latest posts